PDA

View Full Version : Poll:What is your favorite paper punch?

Far North
04-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Please tell us about your favorite paper punch. I am one who doesn't see much need for paper punches in the store...but once I see it in the gallery it is a whole different thing...so please link a card if you have one.
Thanks for sharing!
This week my corner rounder punch of 20 plus years offically bit the dust. To replace it I bought Fiskars lift and flip corner rounder...it has 1/4" and a 1/2 in one. Oo-la-la it fits my hand well too. It did take a few minutes of unsuccessful attempts before I found the back of the package for instructions on how to properly hold it and use it...but now round corners will be a part of many of my cards this season. I found mine at JoAnn's on the very bottom of the display of edge punches.

mahodgman
04-04-2009, 10:16 AM
I have too many favorites to just pick one! I have almost all of the Stampin' Up! punches, and I use them a lot.

maxiesmom
04-04-2009, 10:54 AM
My southwest corner punch from SU(think that's what it was called) sort of a notched look. And I LOVE my Card Creator punches from EK Success, I own and use them all! Except the heart, it cuts cardstock jagged and nothing I do can fix it. Sandpaper, foil, wax paper.

suzi_f
04-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Except the heart, it cuts cardstock jagged and nothing I do can fix it. Sandpaper, foil, wax paper.

Try punching a tin can. Wear gloves or be VERY VERY Careful!!! Cut the can open, punch your punch thru the tin. Has worked on a few of mine but some just don't want to be fixed (MS Border punch!) Plus, the punched pieces can be used as embellishments! I gotta buy some Alchahol inks!!!

suzi_f
04-04-2009, 11:06 AM
I love my scalloped square & circle from SU. I love ALL SU punches but those are the ones I find I use the most. Oh and the flower trio one from LONG ago. Love those flowers!

loobylou
04-04-2009, 11:17 AM
I use my circle punches the most. my next favourite would be the EK success retro flower punch

suzi_f
04-04-2009, 12:09 PM
I use my circle punches the most. my next favourite would be the EK success retro flower punch

What does the retro flower look like?? Can you post a pic? Is it on something currently in your gallery?? I'd love to see it (to see if I need it. LOL)

iloveflipflops
04-04-2009, 12:44 PM
I really need to count all my punches as I do have alot but then again, do I really want to know how MANY I truly have?

With all that being said, I have alot of favorite punches but if I had to pick a #1 favorite, it would be:

Stampin Up ticket corner punch

Yep, that is my #1 favorite and I think everyone should own one. LOL

smileycollector
04-04-2009, 12:47 PM
I confess to be a punchaholic. I've got most of the SU punches and a few Marvy Uchida mega, giga punches too. I probably use the circles the most for tags on cards, but love the scalloped punches too. Speaking of that, I just finished a card that I'm going to post in the gallery and I've used 4 punches to make it! :)

shuggy
04-04-2009, 01:34 PM
i love the scallop one from su. and i just found a new slimline little scallop one from ek success. love it!

tojoco
04-04-2009, 01:50 PM
My two favorites that I use a lot are the SU photo corner punch and the ticket corner punch.

Mere Deaux
04-04-2009, 02:01 PM
I would have to say that the 5 petal flower punch from SU is the one that gets used the most of my punches. Until Nesties came along punches were my favorite things! lol Fickle I am!

tesschap
04-04-2009, 08:01 PM
I have an old flower punch. It's my favorite but it's so hard to punch now. I've been looking for a replacement unsuccessfully. That baby has punched thousands of flowers over the years. My sister borrowed it last fall to punch out flowers for her best friends daughters wedding. She had to stand on it to get it to work and she did over 100 flowers!

loobylou
04-04-2009, 08:29 PM
What does the retro flower look like?? Can you post a pic? Is it on something currently in your gallery?? I'd love to see it (to see if I need it. LOL)

Suzi, It's the flower I used to make the Bazzill "tattered rose" embellishment. You can see it in my tutorial HERE (http://stamp-shack.com/forum/vbarticles.php?do=article&articleid=29&title=making-a-bazzill-tattered-rose-embellishment)

maxiesmom
04-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Try punching a tin can. Wear gloves or be VERY VERY Careful!!! Cut the can open, punch your punch thru the tin. Has worked on a few of mine but some just don't want to be fixed (MS Border punch!) Plus, the punched pieces can be used as embellishments! I gotta buy some Alchahol inks!!!

Thanks Suzi, that one I have not tried yet. What can it hurt? And I agree with Jan, I consider all my Nesties to be 5 or 6 different punches in one set. Love them! But I didn't count them as punches in the punch poll.

cindi
04-04-2009, 09:00 PM
ok, I can't pick a fave! I have been trying all afternoon..and I just can't..I love so many, I just can't choose just one. and I didn't count my nesties in the punch poll, either
:)

Monkey Love
04-04-2009, 09:16 PM
My most fave is the fiskers threading water punch - If I can use it I usually do! I have well over 100 punches; cm, fiskers, SU, marvy, MS, mcgill, ek success, off brand/no name... I didn't realize that I am punch happy but I also have three full sets of nesties plus others, a bazillion sizzix, a cricut w/9 cartridges (still trying to figure this out!) I think I just like cut paper shapes!!!

TiikkiStars
04-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Its REALLY hard to narrow it down to my Fav punch! The ones I USE the most are my EK Success circle punches. And my Fav definitely changes often. I really love my SU scallop circle punch, MS dot scallop border punch, MS butterfly punches, and my CM square punches.

As for the fav ticket punch that everyone really loves, I'm using a small circle punch....I made a small dot with pencil in the center of the inside and just slip the cs in half way, with the tip of the corner on the dot and punch...perfect ticket type punch every time! :>

:> Karen

cindi
04-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Its REALLY hard to narrow it down to my Fav punch! The ones I USE the most are my EK Success circle punches. And my Fav definitely changes often. I really love my SU scallop circle punch, MS dot scallop border punch, MS butterfly punches, and my CM square punches.

As for the fav ticket punch that everyone really loves, I'm using a small circle punch....I made a small dot with pencil in the center of the inside and just slip the cs in half way, with the tip of the corner on the dot and punch...perfect ticket type punch every time! :>

ok..I'm a dummy..I need a visual!!
:)

TiikkiStars
04-05-2009, 01:44 AM
Okay.....trying to figure out how to get a pic up!

My camera battery completely died, but I did manage to get two pics first! (Unfortunately, not one with a piece of cardstock inserted....so if this still isn't clear...quite possibly so!...let me know and I'll try again tomorrow after its charged. :>)

To use a 1/2" circle punch (mine is SU's by EK Success) as a ticket corner punch and make corner like these (http://timecrafted.blogspot.com/2009/03/sprinkles-and-frosting.html), this is what I do.

First, because I want them to be even and do not always trust my eyes, I looked at the underside of the punch. There is an eliptical shape crossing the middle of the punch (in my pic its super shiny from the flash bouncing off of it). I think took a ruler and measured for the middle point of that shape and marked it with a pencil dot. Then when I want a ticket corner punch, I insert a piece of cardstock or paper until the tip of the corner of that paper hits the dot and then punch....super simple and I didn't have to invest in another punch! :> (Well, not that the money is actually saved....I just get to spend it on a different something crafty altogether! :>)

Pictures (http://s598.photobucket.com/albums/tt69/TiikkiStars/)

http://s598.photobucket.com/albums/tt69/TiikkiStars/

Okay....still struggling to get a pic up....I'm gonna post this message and keep working on it! ....got the pics up at photobucket in the link above (why is this so difficult for me?? what am I missing??)

spredbirds
04-05-2009, 07:51 AM
I love the Marvvy Scallop Circle punch ... I seem to go for that one a lot!

kmberger
05-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Though it isn't my aesthetic favorite (that would probably be a the lace scallop edge punch by Martha Stewart), the punch I seem to use the most is the SU Word Window punch. I use it a lot for kinetic cards, for the tracks for sliders or spinners. It is just so much more handy and quick than my exacto knife. I just wish they made a punch that would be able to be used as a mat with this size... then I'd use it more to stamp words, which is for what I think it was intended.