PDA

View Full Version : I do believe Nicholas is becoming a "man" ...

iloveflipflops
04-06-2009, 02:08 PM
I hate to say this ... but I never thought I would see the day!! He is such a momma's boy, always has been. I guess I made him like that.

He will be 14 in 3 1/2 weeks.

Anyway, he is loving his new haircut. He wants to smell good now (although he still does not use cologne) and last night he came down with his robe from 3 years ago (way too small!) and was wearing Charlie's slippers (he has same size feet as DH). He just looked so distinguished, it was so cute. He wouldn't let me take a photo of him though.

tesschap
04-06-2009, 03:34 PM
How adorable. Enjoy him as he'll be away at college before you know it!

Christie
04-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Awww, see what a new haircut will do for ya!

suzi_f
04-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Hmmm, we told our Nick that he was a man when he peed outside for the first time. LOL. A few weeks ago, Nick insisted on getting the Axe deodorant. He doesn't want cologne but he wanted a specific scent of deodorant. He got his first electric razor this weekend & has removed his peach fuzz. Still can't get him to buy a THING in Aeropostale or any of those other stores. That, I find odd!

Mrs. Fence
04-06-2009, 05:37 PM
I remember when Jacob started becoming more of a man and less of my little boy...now he can grow a better beard than hubby, and likes his "foo foo" which is what we call cologne. He mostly just wears jeans and t shirts, no brand in particular. He did ask me to dig out his flip flops this weekend already! But on a good day this time of year it's only in the 40s! YIKES! Teenagers!!!!

logcabincreations
04-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Oh yes....I totally understand. Been thru that with my oldest two, and now Jordan (13 1/2) likes to smell good too, likes girls but won't tell me their names (in case I know their mothers...lol) and takes a shower every morning...and sometimes in the evening too. And he is/was a momma's boy...in fact, recently I called Justin "Boo" and Jordan said "he's not Boo; I am!" lol That's my baby....growing up....sniff

Caboverde1
04-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Its funny you bring that up...My son Justyce is 13 and his voice is almost all the way changed and he has a teeny tiny shadow above his lip. He says he has a "girl friend" at school, but its in name only...wow...seems like yesterday he was my sweet souled son that was just happy being "on my hip"...Where does the time go!?

Tonii

tojoco
04-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Talking about our boys growing up . . . I was so sad today when Corey called me from college and told me his allergies have been so bad he made a doctor's appointment by himself and went to the doctor alone. That was the first time he's ever done that. I'm sad that he's so far away from me and not feeling well and sad that he's so independent that he really doesn't need me anymore. Boo Hoo!

shadoob
04-06-2009, 07:35 PM
they may be MEN some day, but they are ALWAYS our babies and will always still need us...

Mrs. Fence
04-06-2009, 08:05 PM
they may be MEN some day, but they are ALWAYS our babies and will always still need us...

I hope you are right, Cheryl! :nod: