PDA

View Full Version : To buy or not to buy: Twinkling H2O's

logcabincreations
04-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Since the company is going out of business, should I buy some? I've never bought any before, but I think they are really pretty. http://www.luminarteinc.com/

Artyfarty
04-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Def to buy they are stunning and willlast for months ...they dry solid and can be spritzed over n over lol you wont be dissapointed esp as peeps are re stocking up due to the sad news...hopefully s1 will buy them out and continue...fingers crossed xx

Robinkay
04-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Jan if you want to wait for a bit I can bring my H2O's to paloosa & you can try them?
Then you can see if you want them.

logcabincreations
04-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks Robin :) Do I need to bring a paintbrush?

directmailscrapper
04-07-2009, 10:38 AM
I can't take the pressure! Nothing drives me crazier than knowing if I don't buy it now I can't buy it later!!!! I'm going to take an H2O inventory at home -- I RARELY use them -- and maybe buy a color or two if I'm missing them. Underneath this calm exterior I show the world, there must be a raving Type A personality with a competitive streak!

logcabincreations
04-07-2009, 11:01 AM
lol Nancy! I'm kind of feeling the same way although I've never tried them.

iloveflipflops
04-07-2009, 11:07 AM
I have been playing with mine lately and I really do like them!! They last FOREVER. I think I have had mine for 4 years and they barely look used.

So I say get them before its too late.

cindi
04-07-2009, 11:09 AM
I have 6 twinkling h20's and a pallette of pearlessence shimmer paints and I like them both. I don't usde them a ton but I do dig them out every so often and enjoy them.
:)

shadoob
04-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Whenever I can't decide if I REALLY need to buy something or not..I ask myself if I will be OK with my decision a few months down the road. I always use this thinking when I am traveling or something is about to be sold out...it helps me.

iloveflipflops
04-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Yes, get them! You will definitely need them a few months down the road. lol

logcabincreations
04-07-2009, 11:38 AM
thanks girls. I will play with Robin's H20's at Palooza and then decide...

teabear
04-07-2009, 11:40 AM
I am the lone voice of reason. You have lived without them this long, so I'm thinking you have other coloring options. The pearlescent pallet that Cindi mentioned is much less expensive and made by another company. They both work beautifully. There is a new product out that everyone is raving about called shimmerz and another called smooches. Both are shimmery paint type products. So, I guess my advice is there's always something going away and something new coming in. Go with the ones that speak to your style.

logcabincreations
04-07-2009, 11:45 AM
I was just looking at the smooches recently...they are interesting and in a funny little bottle. Shimmerz I have heard of but don't know much about.

Robinkay
04-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Thanks Robin :) Do I need to bring a paintbrush?

Jan- Yep, you can bring a paint brush. If I'm not mistaken I think that Archiever's had them if you decided to get them...they might not be on sale though.

Inkisallover
04-07-2009, 04:59 PM
I am going to bring some to Palooza to put on the swap table. I tried them and they are just not my thing.

Christie
04-07-2009, 06:44 PM
I bought some two years ago and very rarely use them.

stampnyama
04-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Hi ladies.. I am new here and not sure I should speak up or not,,, (I will duck and run if there is someone here who sells them and I hurt their business).. First,, I have about 40 of them and I love them... second,,,I use my other brands of watercolors and w/c pencils with them and they all work well together,, now comes the 16 years of collecting every thing out there knowledge,,, I LOVE to watercolor and to use pastels,,, you can make them both shimmer by using one product over the top of whatever your coloring medium is. (no, I don't sell it or anything else) but I have tried it on those mediums and it dries and works well,, it is called shimmerz.. they also claim that it dries on non porous materials too.(that I haven't tried). They come in all kinds of colors, but I only bought a few of the lightest ones to use for this purpose, to make what ever I color or paint shimmer. Google it if you are interested in it cause I dont remember where I got it,(and I am not promoting anything). Also the twinkling H2os have different degrees of "twinkle" this gives me an over all shimmer. I also have angelwings radiant pearls that haven't been available for years,, I used to teach classes with that product,, so I have hundreds of them,, will I ever come close to using them up,, I doubt it,, lol,,, so there lies the delema. I KNOW now that I don't need every color. AND that someone will come up with another product that you NEED to buy dozens of. lol,, anyone wanna count their inkpads??
Linda (buried in stamping product)
(aww you guys made me ink)