PDA

View Full Version : Palooza- time to talk about FOOD!!!

maxiesmom
04-08-2009, 08:20 PM
And drink, of course! So what kind of snacky things do we want? Should I bring brownines again, or cookies, muffins for the morning? I am definitely getting a couple of those bags of the TGI Fridays bacon & cheddar chips they have in those big bags at Sam's. Those are so good!
It sounds like chocolate will already be present, just a feeling I have!

What about alcoholic refreshements?? :D I can bring at least a bottle of whatever we want. I am a big fan of raspberry vodka & 7 up, but we can do mudslides or whatever. Also if anyone is a fan of Chardonnay I have some I can bring. I'm not so much a fan and my boss & his wife order tons of it and they seem to give us all a couple bottles a few times a year. So let me know and I'll hook you up!

Spartymom
04-08-2009, 08:25 PM
I was thinking the same thing.Last year, the muffins were a hit!. The blende was too that Becky brought. I can bring muffins if everyone wants that. 7up is on sale at Meijer 4/$10.00...I can bring that too....

shadoob
04-08-2009, 08:41 PM
I was going to make brownies too....I don't personally drink alcohol...but I am a serious GOOD coffee drinker..I'll be bringing my own french press coffee maker and my protein drinks...

spredbirds
04-08-2009, 09:23 PM
those brownies and muffins were both awesome last year!!!

Shadoob there is Starbucks about 5-10 minutes away too

Chocolate is a must!

GSMom385
04-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Well we will definately have M&M's Tracy doesn't go anyplace without the Mondo Huge bag of them, plain of course. I can always be talked into a glass of wine, especially late at night and if it doesnt' offend anyone I will bring a bottle or two to share. They had these really yummy new baked chips today at the meeting, I might be able to get my paws on some samples to bring. They were good and I guess better for you, I hesitate to say chips are good for you. They were a baked tomato chip which I know sounds gross, but they really tasted just like a BBQ potato chip.

mydogstinks2
04-09-2009, 08:02 AM
I'm very sad to report there is NO Starbucks any more! They closed down.

There is coffee there at the Inn It's not in each room, there is a spot in one of the hallways that has coffee and soda machines.

Again this year we are having the water station in our room. I have bought water bottles for everyone. We also have those drink mixes like last year.

There will also be chips and pretzels on Friday & Saturday.

As far as going out for dinners there are lots of places to choose from right in town. There is everything from McDonalds to Red Robin and so on.

Fief14
04-09-2009, 10:44 AM
I thought the coffee that the Inn provided last year was very good. I also liked that it was available 24 hours a day! It sounds like between all of us, there will be plenty of munchies & drinks to go around. Not quite sure what I'll be bringing just yet--chips, chocolate, maybe a bottle of wine too, something along those lines.

kimmyqtgirl
04-09-2009, 10:50 AM
I am so excited!!! I don't know what I am bringing yet but I do have some wine if anyone is interested. A couple I never tried so I don't know how good they are. We can sample:) some mudslide sounds good too... I really liked the coffee at the inn but I'm not a very picky coffee drinker. I loved the 24 hours of coffee. I guess with my addiction to it and my working midnights I can drink it all day!

If anyone has any favorite snacks please let me know that way every one has a little something they love!

suzi_f
04-09-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm not a drinker but since we're all coming from different areas, what about bringing a local wine? I know there is something nearby here that all my drinking friends (should I worry that all my friends have to drink to cope with me?) love. I won't drink it but I could bring a bottle of it for y'all?

I'll bring some sort of baked good, some chips & if it's still available, diet vanilla pepsi. LOL

logcabincreations
04-09-2009, 12:02 PM
no alcohol for me and Cheryl -- but we can bring a cooler of any kind of softdrinks and bottled water.

maxiesmom
04-09-2009, 04:54 PM
I don't want to make it sound like we were looped all the time last year by bringing up the booze! I think we all had maybe one drink on Saturday night? I brought my raspberry & vodka last year and it went home with me unopened. Please don't think you'll be surrounded by a bunch of lushes!

directmailscrapper
04-09-2009, 05:30 PM
I would love a glass of wine! It would be tricky to bring some on the plane -- that goes for ANY food! Would someone be willing to pick up a 6 pack of caffeine free diet Pepsi for me? I'll pay you back! Or maybe Kimmy and Jennifer will let me stop and buy something on the way other than stamps.... :-O

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT IS ONLY 2 WEEKS AWAY??????????

mydogstinks2
04-09-2009, 06:46 PM
There is a wal-mart just about 5 minutes from the Inn. We can always run there for stuff.

kimmyqtgirl
04-09-2009, 06:52 PM
NO Nancy we are not going to let you stop! Especially for something silly like food! Ha haha of course we can stop. Or I can pick you up stuff whichever you prefer;) I am pretty sure it won't take us 10 hours to drive there this year. We were crazy shopping fools! I am so excited!!!! I can't believe it's already here!!! Yay!!!

What kind of wine do you like? I was going to bring some for any fellow winos. I actually didn't have any drinks last year but with an extra day I am hoping to do a few things I didn't get to do last year.

workin4stamps
04-09-2009, 07:06 PM
I am hoping to hit the hotel restaurant (not the cafe) for dinner while we're there.... maybe on Friday night since I won't be there Saturday night. Last year I didn't even realize it, but they had a full blown buffet!! I don't know if they'll have that while we're there this time, but I know they have a full salad bar and a regular menu.

I am sure I will be bringing some snacks as well!!!

maxiesmom
04-09-2009, 09:57 PM
I am hoping to hit the hotel restaurant (not the cafe) for dinner while we're there.... maybe on Friday night since I won't be there Saturday night. Last year I didn't even realize it, but they had a full blown buffet!! I don't know if they'll have that while we're there this time, but I know they have a full salad bar and a regular menu.

I am sure I will be bringing some snacks as well!!!

:nod: Yep that's the plan for our dinner on Friday!

shadoob
04-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Suzi wrote:

(should I worry that all my friends have to drink to cope with me?)

ha ha ha maybe we'll BOTH be drinkers before we hit Indiana. I really don't care if people drink, I just don't.
BUT my coffee...THAT is important. GOOD double or triple espresso coffee...so, ladies, please be on teh look out for the closest coffee shops (NOT kwik marts) on your way to the Inn.
also- do the rooms have fridges?
(Robin (the STINKY one!) what do you like since we'll be rooming together? )

cindi
04-09-2009, 10:06 PM
wwhhaaaahhhhh...Cindi is crying because she is missing out!!!
:cry2: