PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Turns Four

Erin K
04-11-2009, 12:14 AM
I know a lot of you were "with me" when I had my first child Stephen. Well today (Saturday) he turns 4! Can you believe it? Also I've known a lot of you for five years now. Some of you are now my oldest friends. :)

Stephen also just graduated from a carseat to a booster seat. I was in shock that he was big and old enough for that but he's both old enough and big enough. He's riding in style now. Very proud of his big boy ways.

We have my dad and stepmom in town. They are spoiling him silly. Took us to this super high end resturant tonight. He loved it. He had pork tenderloin after having a portabello mushroom appetizer and a wilted spinach salad. haha. Oh and he drank sparkling water. la de da.

but for his SPECIAL dinner he wants Olive Garden.

I did just make the "Dinosaru trying to eat a Giraffe Cookie Cake" It's not terribly cute. I'll show you later. Honestly it's midnight and my midnight interspecies/inter epoch hunting cakes are a little lacking. :huh:

Artyfarty
04-11-2009, 04:04 AM
Happy Birthday Stephen...hoping mommy is spoiling you with lots of treats xxx

Nancy
04-11-2009, 04:16 AM
It has been a pleasure growing with him and you the best few years. - Nancy

iloveflipflops
04-11-2009, 06:05 AM
Happy Birthday to Stephen!

Vintagegal
04-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Erin, you crack me up! Did you post a picture of the cake on your blog? This, I have to see. Happy birthday to Stephen! I remember, clearly, when you were getting ready to go to the hospital to deliver him. I can't believe how quickly the years are flying by!

tesschap
04-11-2009, 07:35 AM
Happy birthday to Stephen and congratuations to you and Brian for celebrating four years of being wonderful parents. Olive Garden sounds wonderful to me!

jazzypurple853
04-11-2009, 07:43 AM
Happy Birthday to Stephen!

maxiesmom
04-11-2009, 08:26 AM
Happy birthday to Stephen! He sure is a cutie! And yep, I knew you pre- children! You weren't even pregnant yet. Has it been 5 years, I can never keep track!

suzi_f
04-11-2009, 09:07 AM
I was just a lurker over at PCMB but I think I remember "knowing" you just after Stephen was born. Wow, time sure flies! Happy Birthday Stephen!

logcabincreations
04-11-2009, 09:34 AM
Happy Birthday Stephen :)

workin4stamps
04-11-2009, 09:40 AM
I do remember when Stephen was born!!! Wow! I can't believe it's been 4 years.

The story of him at the fancy restaurant is just adorable.

Happy Birthday Stephen!

mydogstinks2
04-11-2009, 09:50 AM
I can not believe he is 4 already!!

Happy Birthday to Stephen!!

Erin K
04-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Stephen got several presents and SIXTY THREE dollars. WE are going to Toys R Us in a moment.

teabear
04-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Happy Birthday Stephen. I can't wait to see your dinosaur eating a giraffe cake.

Monkey Love
04-11-2009, 11:35 AM
I didn't realize you were so young! Happy Birthday to your big little boy!

tojoco
04-11-2009, 12:16 PM
OMG Erin. I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. I was the one you called from the hospital to announce his birth to everyone. Wow has it been 4 years already? I don't know why I'm so surprised as these kids grow up way too fast. I love the fancy schmancy restaurant story. It just proves how great you and Brian are as parents to even think about bringing a 4 year old to such a place and not be embarrassed by their behavior. Congrats to you and Brian and a great big Happy 4th Birthday to Stephen.

pesc
04-11-2009, 09:57 PM
THey grow up so fast!!! What did he pick at Toy'Rs?

cindi
04-11-2009, 10:02 PM
wow! turning 4 rocks!! happy b-day to stephen, and yes, Erin I knew you before kids..it sure doesn't seem that long!
:)

Erin K
04-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Ok his picks:

Two things of Moon Sand which was buy one get one.
And a dinosaur thing that you press a button on it's back and it walks and roars.
and a pack of crayons.

he still has $25 left. Wants to save it.

Ethan had his $16 and he got two playdoh sets (HUGE playdoh fans) and three of these weird squishy dragons he loves.

We got Stephen a Wall-E tent, it's cool there are two tents, Wall-E and his lunchbox, so he let Ethan have the lunchbox tent.

Gramma Sue and Grandpa got him bendaroos which is a craft thing, a wall-e lamp, some chalks, and some glitter glue pens. He also got some other sidewalk chalk stuff.

He enjoyed Olive Garden.

Oh at Toys R Us they gave him a balloon and a crown and made an announcemnt over the intercom. Also a lady from our church was working so she made it a HUGE deal and hugged him and all. He felt special all day.

We also went mini golfing.

He said it was the best day ever.

maxiesmom
04-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Sounds like it was an excellent day to turn 4!

Mrs. StampFantasy
04-12-2009, 03:06 AM
Happy Birthday Stephen!!!!

bubblegum girl
04-12-2009, 04:12 AM
And my brother Lane turned 14 today :) learners permit * swoon * thank goodness i wont be teaching him to drive ;)

tesschap
04-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Ok his picks:

Two things of Moon Sand which was buy one get one.
And a dinosaur thing that you press a button on it's back and it walks and roars.
and a pack of crayons.

he still has $25 left. Wants to save it.

Ethan had his $16 and he got two playdoh sets (HUGE playdoh fans) and three of these weird squishy dragons he loves.

We got Stephen a Wall-E tent, it's cool there are two tents, Wall-E and his lunchbox, so he let Ethan have the lunchbox tent.

Gramma Sue and Grandpa got him bendaroos which is a craft thing, a wall-e lamp, some chalks, and some glitter glue pens. He also got some other sidewalk chalk stuff.

He enjoyed Olive Garden.

Oh at Toys R Us they gave him a balloon and a crown and made an announcemnt over the intercom. Also a lady from our church was working so she made it a HUGE deal and hugged him and all. He felt special all day.

We also went mini golfing.

He said it was the best day ever.

Now this is what birthdays are all about! Sounds like a wonderful celebration. I bet he was excited. How sweet of him to share his birthday gifts with his brother. They remind me of my two boys when they were little.

Erin K
04-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Here is the Birthday Cake.

Sorry I forgot to take a pic until we had eaten some!

cecescraps
04-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Oh my heck~ I can't believe Stephen is 4!! Where does the time go??? Sounds like he had a perfect b-day and the cookie cake was precious!!

tesschap
04-13-2009, 03:12 PM
That cookie cake looks yummy!

TiikkiStars
04-13-2009, 06:39 PM
What a great celebration day!!! It sounds like the birthday boy, Stephen, and the whole family had a great time!!! :>

:> Karen

Mrs. Fence
04-13-2009, 07:23 PM
LOL Erin. Happy Birthday, Stephen. :)

cindi
04-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Erin the cake looks yummy!! and whta boy doesn't love an orange dinosaur!
:)

Darleneh710
04-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Erin, I was just thinking about you the other day and how we've all known each other for so long...Wow, he is a BIG BOY now! My niece will be 4 in May. Time flies...enjoy while you can...my baby turned 13 last Thursday and I honestly don't know where the time went:)