PDA

View Full Version : official Palooza happenings thread...

mydogstinks2
04-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Here is the "low-down" on what we have planned to go on!!

Thursday:

Stinkycheese, mydogstinks2, Robinkay
will arrive at the Inn about 11am to start setting up the palooza room. When you arrive at the Inn let the ladies at the front desk know you are with the Stamp Shack.

When you first walk into the Inn if you go just past the "check-in desk" turn left then right down the first hall the Paloosa room is the first door on the left.

It works out easier to come in the Paloosa room and drop off your "stuff" first. Then take your bag with clothes to your room. The Inn has the list of room mates so they will tell you what room you are in.

I will be in the Paloosa room so you can find me there. They say room check in is at 4 but they said it would be no problem for anyone to arrive early.

We can all decide where to go for dinner when the time comes.

Friday:

When ever you get up and are ready to go to the Palooza room feel free to just head there. If it is still locked just ask at the desk and they will open it for you. (I think last year Becky & Amy beat me there every morning.) In the main hallyway that looks out over the lake there is coffee! yummo!! If anyone wants to go out for breakfast feel free to head out and do that. I know a few went on the hiking trails in the morning. There is also a gym on the lower level by the pool area.

IMPORTANT:

Some time on friday afternoon ( I would like to shoot for 2-ish) I need ALL shackies attending Paloosa to be at the Inn. This is for our photo session. With 21 shackies there will be 21 cameras. I have someone coming to take the pictures for us!! My MIL is going to drive down just to take some group shots for us!! She rocks!!
There will be some snacks brought to our room at about 2 also.

Same thing with dinner. we can all just wing it! LOL

Saturday:

Starts out the same as friday.

Amy arrives to spend the day with us!! Whoo-Hoo!!!

This is also the day that most shackies choose to go shopping. Stamping day and Night, is a great stamp store. The owner is suppost to give us some type of a coupon to use on Saturday. We are still waiting to hear from her. Robin was going to call her again to find out the details. She has a ton of stamps in a very small store.

Just down in Fort Wayne (maybe 30 mins away) are the following stores:
Hobby lobby
Archivers
Micheals
JoAnns
When you get off the freeway HL is on the right side of the main road. (It's by wal-mart). Archivers is in the mall. You park at Macy's go through Macy's and Archivers is right there on the left. Micheals is just across the street from the mall. Joanns is on the right side of the road as you head back twords the freeway. All of them are super easy to find and to get to.

Again at 2pm there will be snacks brought to the room.

Again we are going to wing-it for dinner.

Also FYI- I'm staying at the Inn all day so I'm choosing this as my "stay in my pj's day"

Sunday:

Starts off again the same.

This is the sad day, the day we all have to pack-up and head home. We have to be out of the Paloosa room by 2pm.

Shoe Box projects will be there all weekend for anyone who would like to do them.

There will also be a table that has items on it for anyone to use.
It will have:
Cricut
Cuttlebug
zutter cutter
Bind-it-all
sewing machine

Feel free to bring any cuttlebug or cricut carts. you have but know you do not have to bring the machines with you if you are flying in.

There will also be a "Sell & Swap" table. Bring anything you would like to trade.

Most of all have TONS of fun!!

Adding:
I almost forgot!! Any night we have nice weather they have a bon-fire pit they will light for us. I was wanting to do this so bad last year but the weather was kinda icky!!

Inkisallover
04-14-2009, 05:10 PM
Oh, Chris, I can't wait!!!:jiggy:

suzi_f
04-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Looks like tons 'o fun!!! I can't wait!!!

scraphappy908
04-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Although I can't be there the entire time, I plan to get there early Saturday morning and spend the whole day with all of you! I'm excited about it!

Robinkay
04-14-2009, 05:21 PM
OOOMMMMMGGGGGG!!!!! This is gonna be FREEKKIINNNN great!!! Everyone pray for nice weather cause on Friday or Saturday night we might be able to have a bon fire. Koombiya my lord...Sorry at the moment I can't think of any campfire type songs.
BTW...If anyone that is driving just happens to want a free sweet adorable kitten to take home....:+) Just let me know. My other kitty just had 7 yes 7 kittens yesterday.

Inkisallover
04-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Amy, I'm so glad you are coming Saturday!

kimmyqtgirl
04-14-2009, 05:37 PM
Yay!!! I'm so excited. I hope we don't have tornado warnings again a bonfire sounds nice:)

midnitecreations
04-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Wow, Chris, you are so organized!!

workin4stamps
04-14-2009, 06:19 PM
I'll have to confirm with Becky, but I think that we would like to arrive EARLY on Thursday too!!! Maybe I could leave home right after Brian leaves for work around 9:30 or so. I think that would have us arriving around 11:30 ish....

iloveflipflops
04-14-2009, 06:37 PM
There is one thing missing .... IF we have a campfire, we MUST do smores. Anyone else want to do smores? Are we allowed to bring stuff for smores? I can do that, just let me know. I LOVE SMORES!!!

It all sounds very exciting and I cannot wait!!!

suzi_f
04-14-2009, 06:46 PM
There is one thing missing .... IF we have a campfire, we MUST do smores. Anyone else want to do smores? Are we allowed to bring stuff for smores? I can do that, just let me know. I LOVE SMORES!!!

It all sounds very exciting and I cannot wait!!!

I pretty much hate all things w/marshmallows. Exception: STORE BOUGHT RK Treats. I HATE home-made ones (and HATE to make them). No s'mores for me!

I can't wait either!!!!

tojoco
04-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Joanne is very very :( she can't be there --- plus she loves smores. Will somebody eat one for me?

loobylou
04-14-2009, 07:27 PM
I've never had a "smore" so eat one for me too

smileycollector
04-14-2009, 07:56 PM
I sure wish I could join you all as this sounds like such FUN!!! Love the campfire idea with s'mores, oh my! And I would love the sing-a-long too! Enjoy! :)

Inkisallover
04-14-2009, 07:58 PM
Sounds good to me!:nod:

I'll have to confirm with Becky, but I think that we would like to arrive EARLY on Thursday too!!! Maybe I could leave home right after Brian leaves for work around 9:30 or so. I think that would have us arriving around 11:30 ish....

maxiesmom
04-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Robin, I speak for us all- NO GETTING SICK THIS YEAR!! That was not yelling, by the way, just a very firm order! :nod: We want you there with us all weekend this time!

iloveflipflops
04-14-2009, 08:01 PM
I vaguely remember now ... did Robin get sick last year and had to go home early? :(

maxiesmom
04-14-2009, 08:05 PM
I vaguely remember now ... did Robin get sick last year and had to go home early? :(

I think she was attacked by a bad meatloaf if I'm remembering right. She was gone early Saturday and maybe not there on Sunday? My memory stinks!

Spartymom
04-14-2009, 08:26 PM
wOW Sounds great! Can't wait. See you next week. Friday!

Paula Carden
04-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Oh man I am going to really miss out on this. But work and vacation are in the way.
Maybe next time. I sure am going to be sad that you are all having so much fun without me!!!

Robinkay
04-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Yep...I did get sick on Saturday night & didnt get to say goodbye. :+) I thought it was the meat loaf but I think Ellie or Patty & had the meatloaf too & they didnt get sick. so it musta just been the flu. Great time to get it huh?

spredbirds
04-14-2009, 10:32 PM
I can not wait!!!! .... I have been looking forward to this for 12 LONG months!!!!

logcabincreations
04-15-2009, 01:19 AM
I'm excited too :) I'm printing this off for Cheryl to read.

Robinkay
04-15-2009, 07:41 AM
Hey guys don't forget that the Inn has free wireless internet!

loobylou
04-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Since you have free wireless internet, would any of you consider hosting a challenge for the rest of us, or even joining in the challenges that we will be setting for our week of Inky challenges. It starts on the Friday.
Jan (Far North) would love to hear from any of you that would be up for it. All you have to do is let her know, then post your challenge in the messageboard.

Please think about it.

iloveflipflops
04-15-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm thinking about it now ... I could host the paper towel roll gift card challenge. It is so simple.

suzi_f
04-15-2009, 12:34 PM
If someone has a webcam, we could film us there & share w/y'all. That would be cool. I don't have a webcam. I could steal my dd's computer for the weekend but she might kill me. LOL

shuggy
04-15-2009, 02:19 PM

it does?? oh that makes me happy!!

shuggy
04-15-2009, 02:21 PM
i'm so excited!! are we doing anything special for pictures? should we all have the same color shirt on? or anything like that?