PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else's kids HATE to shop?

iloveflipflops
04-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Nicholas needs new shoes. He HATES to shop. I am FORCING him to go out today for new shoes. He is picky when it comes to shoes. He wants skateboarding shoes even though he no longer skateboards. He loves their brands and we have to find a skateboard and/or surf shop which isn't that easy in Charlotte. I found one online about 50 minutes away so we are going to that. He is in a size 10 now I think (he turns 14 in 2 weeks). I sure hope they have something in his size. I'm hoping he will find some new tshirts at the same place. He needs those too.

Wish us luck!!

tojoco
04-15-2009, 12:45 PM
I never had that problem with Corey. Corey loves to shop especially for designer clothes for himself. I hope he finds a great job that pays big bucks!!! Good luck with Nicholas. He wouldn't have a problem living here. There are quite a few skateboard shops here. Corey frequented them when he was into skateboarding. In fact, I think he took his skateboard to college with him. He may be skateboarding to classes for all I know.

My3Ds
04-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Sounds like you are going to spend Spring Break shopping. ha. Good luck. We have several nice shoe stores here, but dh usually orders online from Finish Line or another company that I can't remember right now. Our oldest wears a size 15 or 16 so that usually means ordering. I wish I could remember the other company because they do carry skateboarding style shoes.

suzi_f
04-15-2009, 01:44 PM
My Nicholas HATES to shop. Becca wanted to go to Aeropostale last week. There was a great sale & Nick REFUSED to even go in & look!! He wants to wear what he has & NOTHING w/a brand name. Skulls ok, giant names across the whole shirt, no. Finally found him some shirts at Macy's and the rest of his I got at Target for $4.99 each. Save me some $$$. Luckily w/shoes, he wears crocs. But he likes "pimp shoes" (I don't know why the kids here call them that but the appear to be a "board" shoe) and I have found them at Supermarket of Shoes. Good luck!!!

Oh yeah, shorts MUST be Levis, denim only!!! No camo, no plaid, no solid khaki or other colors.

Darleneh710
04-15-2009, 02:11 PM
My dd likes to shop when it is for her, but if I am going to M's or the LSS she would rather stay home lol...for some reason...she claims that I spend too much time in there...go figure. But one thing I find...she doesn't like trying clothes on? I am big on trying clothes on before you buy them just so you don't have to go back and return them...but she doesn't like it lol...Hope it gets better for you Sherri:)

logcabincreations
04-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Jordan is 13 and is o.k. with shopping. He wants a new pair of Nike Shocks (his others are coming apart on the bottom), and I told him he would have to pay for most of the cost as they are about $110.

teabear
04-15-2009, 02:29 PM
My son and I both don't like to shop, so shopping for us is a mission to get it done quickly and then get on to lunch and a movie. We bought him new shoes, socks and 5 pair of pants in about an hour over spring break last week. The shoes are easy, he always buys DC and a local shop carries them. LOL

shuggy
04-15-2009, 03:10 PM
i hate to shop. unless is stamp related!!

Christie
04-15-2009, 08:13 PM
I don't have kids but i sure hate to shop. I really hate shopping for clothes.

loobylou
04-15-2009, 08:14 PM
my teens omly like to shop when it's for them...and they like to get it from the first shop we go to. Me, I like to check 3 or 4 places then go back and get what I like best! They wear skate shoes too. Vans for my almost 15 yr old and Globes or DC for my almost 13.

Stampo
04-15-2009, 08:55 PM
I HATE to shop in real stores... if I can't buy it online, I don't need it... I even have my groceries delivered.