PDA

View Full Version : Attn all prismacolor pencils lovers

Erin K
01-01-2007, 09:44 AM
According to Karen Lockhart's website they have discontinued the "Deco" colors. I'm sure they replaced them with something but for serious, check that you have "deco pink" it's the PERFECT pink cheek color. if you don't have it in your set look at M's or J's to see if they have it in the open stock pencil part and get it. I use this color on every single thing I color, seriously. I'm totally wamboozled as to why they would discontinue it.:wacko: :eek: :wideeyed:

stampcrazyjulie
01-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Erin...you seem to know alot about Prisma's.....do you have all of their colors? Do you also have the seperate watercolor pencils from Prisma? Do I need to buy some?:D

Erin K
01-01-2007, 12:09 PM
I don't have the new colors, I only have the 120 pack. I don't have their watercolor pencils. I have some other brand. I like mine fine, but I love my prismacolor pencils. It's my fav way to color now. :)

shuggy
01-01-2007, 01:54 PM
I don't have the new colors, I only have the 120 pack. I don't have their watercolor pencils.

uh, did anyone else find this humorous? only 120!!!:D

cindi
01-01-2007, 02:06 PM
Ya I found that wicked funnt! only 120!!
Do they make more than 120??
:)

Wife2TJ
01-01-2007, 04:11 PM
I'll have to see if I have that one. I have the 120 count of there pencils and the 36 count of there watercolors. I love Prismacolors!

Erin K
01-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Yea, they make the 120 plus 12 or so new colors, I ONLY have the original 120. I'm not sure what's funny about that. I mean if more than 120 colors exist don't you think I need them??

I'm kidding I knew it was funny when I typed it. I think most normal people could get by with the 48 pack, certainly the 72, then add the select colors they really miss. Don't you think?

Oh I also have a pack of pencils from Lyra called "Flesh Tones" and there are 12 of those so I do have 132 pencils, plus a handful (20ish) watercolor pencils. I don't use the WC ones much though. :)

Vintagegal
01-02-2007, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the heads-up, Erin! There *is* a pink pencil that I've used in the last couple of "Prisma" cards I'd made. I wonder if it's the same pink that you've mentioned. Time to stock up on it before it's gone!

Sherry
01-02-2007, 08:47 AM
Erin - just out of curiousity, how much do the 120 set cost in the US? In Canada the price is ridiculous - I think I saw $180 at Michaels. I'd love to have them but I'm not paying that price for them. Can you use the 40% or 50% off coupon on Prismacolors?

inkinupstamps
01-02-2007, 08:53 AM
Erin - just out of curiousity, how much do the 120 set cost in the US? In Canada the price is ridiculous - I think I saw $180 at Michaels. I'd love to have them but I'm not paying that price for them. Can you use the 40% or 50% off coupon on Prismacolors?

Sherry, sorry to jump on your post to Erin, but I am nodding with disbelief here too! I want the 120 set and last week when we were in Michael's it was up over $200 (with taxes). YIKES! :arghh:

We CAN INDEED use our coupons on the prismacolors but...and this is the big butt oops, I mean but. Usually when those nice 40% and 50 % coupons come out Michael's drops $10 off their regular price of the pencils. Hence, they are no longer a "regularly priced item" and so you can't use the coupon on them. If you can catch them at a time they don't knock off a buck or two AND have the coupon, then you can use it.

Sherry
01-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Sherry, sorry to jump on your post to Erin, but I am nodding with disbelief here too! I want the 120 set and last week when we were in Michael's it was up over $200 (with taxes). YIKES! :arghh:

We CAN INDEED use our coupons on the prismacolors but...and this is the big butt oops, I mean but. Usually when those nice 40% and 50 % coupons come out Michael's drops $10 off their regular price of the pencils. Hence, they are no longer a "regularly priced item" and so you can't use the coupon on them. If you can catch them at a time they don't knock off a buck or two AND have the coupon, then you can use it.

Are you serious? They really do that? I don't live close enough to the ONE and only Michaels in all of Nova Scotia so I don't get to see an actual flyer. That just stinks!! I wonder how cheap I can get them on ebay?

inkinupstamps
01-02-2007, 09:00 AM
I'm going to the states next month. I can't guarantee that Michael's will have a 40% or 50% coupon available the week I'm there, but I sure can check. In fact, I plan to. Not only that but the taxes are 1/3 of what ours are in Ontario so the is even more jingle in the pocket saved. I'll just bring them back in the car with me so there won't be any import/customs fees.

Erin K
01-02-2007, 10:32 AM
They were $150 when I got them and I was able to use a 50% coupon because it was one of those rare days when they were not on sale. Looks like there are some deals on ebay though. :) Oh and I really am not sure anyone NEEDS the 120 set, I mean, 120?? I'm sure I could have gotten by with 48, or certainly 72.

Erin K
01-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Dang it. I was so excited, I found two different "buy it now"'s for $50 but neither ship to Canada. Who doesn't ship to Canada?? Well, there are other deals, you can find them.

Great deals on the smaller packs too.

1of2shoes
01-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Ok, now I'm gonna make all of you mad. :)

I, too, have the 120+ set, but I got mine on ebay for, are you ready for this - around $55. Yeppers, $55. Well, plus about $10 shipping, but who cares about that?! I saved $100. You can find great buys on the 'bay, but know what you are buying. Do your homework, and go get you some! They are fabulous!

stampcrazyjulie
01-02-2007, 11:12 AM
At my M's they were $150.00. I just could not see paying even half that since I am new to this whole Prismacolor stuff. I settled on the 48 count for $60.00, & with my coupon I paid $30.00. I also went back & bought the 12 new colors which was $16.00, but I paid $8.00 with my coupon. Now I am thinking maybe I had better check E-Bay...!

buggainok
01-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Dick Blick online sells the 120 set for $92 if someone has to have them now, without waiting for a coupon or hasseling with ebay.

Swanie78
01-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Heres (http://cgi.ebay.com/PRISMACOLOR-PRISMA-COLOR-120-COLOR-COLORED-PENCIL-SET_W0QQitemZ220066782151QQihZ012QQcategoryZ28108Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) a BIN, $59 and theyll ship internationally. Its for the 120 count :)

Ill have to buy a smaller count and play with them. Im not much for coloring, I dont want to drop that much money on something that will just sit there...lol

LittleSeaOtter
01-03-2007, 08:17 AM
I bought my 120 set a couple of years ago from Dick Blick. I think for around $72...they were having a sale, and I had a coupon as well. I got lucky, but I can tell you that Jerry's Artarama (http://jerrysartarama.com) has some pretty consistent good prices.

And, much to my surprise, when I was on business in South Dakota last month, I learned that there were 24 more colors. So, I'm sure you can guess what happened.

The new colors include:
Nectar
Seashell Pink
Sandbar Brown
Black Raspberry
Kelly Green
Moss Green
Artichoke
Espresso
China Blue
Denim Blue
Blue Lake
Caribbean Sea
Beige Sienna
Chesnut
Chocolate
Putty Beige
Ginger Root
Peach Beige
Sky Blue Light
Powder Blue
Muted Turquoise
Pale Sage
Kelp Grenn
Green Ochre

Happy Coloring!!!

mahodgman
01-03-2007, 08:48 AM
OMG! I can't believe how expensive Canada is. I also have the 120 count, but I think I got them for around $40. There was a deal a long time ago with free shipping and a great coupon code at viking.com which is now officedepot.com, and they don't have all the good deals anymore. I used to get my Tombo adheasive from there too for less than $2 each. Those were the days!

shuggy
01-03-2007, 08:50 AM
ok...you got me thinking i need these. do i??

mahodgman
01-03-2007, 08:59 AM
Here is something some of you may be interested in. A lady at splitcoaststampers put together a list of Prismacolored Pencils that match SU colors http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129270&highlight=prismacolored+pencils+SU+colors

Erin K
01-03-2007, 09:40 AM
ohh I remember ordering from viking! that place was the best!

angie of course you need them! I'm not entirely sure you need 120 or 132 or whatever there are now, but you do need them!

Erin K
01-03-2007, 09:43 AM
Here is something some of you may be interested in. A lady at splitcoaststampers put together a list of Prismacolored Pencils that match SU colors http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129270&highlight=prismacolored+pencils+SU+colors

That chart is so cool! I can barely stand it. Now I AM going to have to get more pencils!

Erin K
01-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Oh and I see OUR Sherry commented on this list almost a year ago, so she knew! She was holding out on us!

mahodgman
01-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Oh and I see OUR Sherry commented on this list almost a year ago, so she knew! She was holding out on us!

Yeah, I've had the list for that long too, but I've never had any Gamsol. I'm sure I'll be hooked once I find some. Maybe I'll break down and order it on line. I shouldn't be so cheap since I got such a great deal on the pencils themselves. Silly, I know.