PDA

View Full Version : Book Review Stamp in Color

Erin K
01-01-2007, 09:52 AM
This is the book I got all excited about a while back, had Brian give me for Christmas. Well I finished it last night. Here's my review:

It's a great book if you are starting in watercoloring and colored pencil coloring your images. It's very detailed, he says just what colors he's using and how he appies them in what order and all. I was expecting it to be more advanced though. I'm thinking maybe though that it's just not that complicated and I need to practice, practice, practice. He doesn not talk about gamsol or other blending stuff, he uses the deco colors (which I just read online are being discontinued) to "burnish" the colors together.

Anyhow here's a link to the book:
http://www.amazon.com/Stamp-Color-Techniques-Enhancing-Pastimes/dp/1564773299 on amazon.

It's pretty good. The cards he makes are simple but if you are reading it for ideas on the techniques then it's good. :)

Deborah
01-01-2007, 10:06 AM
Hmmm, looks interesting. I sure would like to learn more about the subtleties of shading, does the book cover that Erin?

Erin K
01-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Only in a basic sense.

It's pretty basic.

LinzyD
01-01-2007, 10:52 AM
Once I even told Jorge...it's okay to spend that kind of money on colored pencils...Erin K said they're the best-so they must be the best! :cute:
Linzy

Erin K
01-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Once I even told Jorge...it's okay to spend that kind of money on colored pencils...Erin K said they're the best-so they must be the best! :cute:
Linzy

Oh my goodness, don't be getting me in trouble with Jorge! :)

laos348
01-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the review. I hadn't heard of this book before but it looks interesting.

Laura