PDA

View Full Version : What a night I've had!!!

Christie
04-25-2009, 12:14 AM
We went to the Houston Astro's game, for those out of the country they are a major league baseball team. I go and buy some nacho's a foot long hotdog. I get to the seats and boom, I drop the hotdog on the girls head in front of me. I tell her I'm so sorry and to let me get the ketcup out of her hair. She says' no problem. She is only about 13. Then her friend gets up and what do I see but ketchup all over the back of her white jacket. I feel so bad that I gave her $20 to replace the jacket. the rest of the game was uneventful and the Astro's lost. On the way home we find out it's been raining and while we were gone we got over 3" of rain. We have to drive through tons of really deep water to get home. I'm so thankful we didn't flood out. There were cars alll over the place stranded and some floating in the middle of the road! Thank goodness we drive trucks!

cecescraps
04-25-2009, 12:19 AM
Oh MY!! Sounds like a crazy nite ~ I'm usually bored out of my mind at the Cubs games but, this one sounds way more exciting. :) Glad the girls were good sports... accidents do happen! And, I'm glad you made it through all that water too.

Far North
04-25-2009, 12:22 AM
Well that sure an eventful evening even if the game was not. Sorry not such a great time for you after spending all those $$ on tickets.

HeatherJ
04-25-2009, 08:07 AM
Oh you must have wanted to crawl under the seat!! So glad they were good sports over a simple accident. I always think about dropping my hymnal on the head of someone below me when I sit on the balcony at church. Good thing I never eat there to, I could see me doing that!!

iloveflipflops
04-25-2009, 09:07 AM
Oh no!! I have to tell ya all of us at Paloosa were laughing when I read this but we kept saying Oh no ... :)

scrappinnuts
04-25-2009, 09:40 AM
Oh Christie... What an awful way to start your weekend. Hope the rest of it is better!

pesc
04-25-2009, 09:52 AM
That was a busy night!!! I'm glad you were not flood!!!

Christie
04-25-2009, 11:09 AM
Oh no!! I have to tell ya all of us at Paloosa were laughing when I read this but we kept saying Oh no ... :)

Nathan and his friends laughed at me all night............I laughed after we left the game but while we were there I wasn't laughing!

Mrs. Fence
04-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Oh, you poor thing! I'm glad the girls were good sports and you were able to laugh about it after the game.