PDA

View Full Version : Some observations I made at Shackapaloosa

iloveflipflops
04-27-2009, 06:47 AM
First, let me say how much fun we all had!! Its like we had known each other for YEARS!!!

A big shout out to Chris, Robin and Chelsea. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for everything you did in the planning and the organization of Paloosa. I know ALOT went into it and we thank you tremendously!!!!

Angie - was a beaming bride!! She was truly surprised with the bridal shower. She worked on ATC swaps for hours on end and I think she finished 8 or 9 ATC swaps ... I lost count!! She sat beside me.

Mary - She got just a "little" emotional when Jan and Cheryl started singing the wedding song - ok, we all did!!!

Jan & Cheryl - was awesome singing the wedding song. I knew I would "lose" it once they started but I managed to hold it together. Just beautiful!!

Chris - She was nice enough to sleep on the cot in the closet in our room so Chelsea and I could sleep in nice comfy beds. I told you Chris I would've taken the cot!! I hope she got some sleep!!

Robin - She sure has alot of nestabilities and alot of embossing folders that she brought for us all to share.

Chelsea - she almost ran into a tree branch while coming back from laughing at the cow limo. I was laughing so hard when she almost choked herself then realized she could've been really hurt!! (shame on me)

Nancy - Nancy had all these plans to get a bunch of things done and I'm not sure she did. She sure loves to talk (I think we all do) so that was more important anyway. She is already planning her projects for next year :).

Kathy - She got a TON of Christmas cards completed. And I admitted I am behind on my Christmas cards. LOL

Suzanne - hosted her very ATC swap. After she posted the swap, she yells out "What is an ATC?" and we all cracked up!!

Cindy - brought every stamp she owns I think but I was glad as I stamped alot of cute images for cute cards later.

Tracy (GSSoccermom) - She finished a HUGE disney scrapbook and it looked awesome!!

Jennifer and Kimmy - went to bed last each night and woke up around noon each day.

Traci - She was thrilled that swaps were being hand delivered to her while she was sitting there. She did have to leave on saturday to go to a wedding so we missed her while she was gone.

Suzi - She loves heath bar dq blizzards.

Cheryl (Shadoob) - She can give an awesome massage. Angie and Jan each had a headache and she helped them with her magic fingers.

Becky - does not look like her avatar. LOL

Kim - Kim was always laughing and she hiked in the woods with Chelsea each morning. The last morning they got "lost" but then they found the signs to the inn and came trucking back. Her and I are the same height! SHORT!

Amy - Amy was able to join us on Saturday for the day. Not sure she got any ATC's done but she sure looked busy working away.

That's my recap of the weekend. I was too busy chatting, doing my 9 ATC swaps, laughing and eating to take official notes so I wrote these notes down as I was driving the 10 1/2 hours back yesterday. LOL

IT WAS SURE FUN!!!

spredbirds
04-27-2009, 07:13 AM
Great recap .... you should not be writing and driving though!!!

It was a GREAT weekend! I can't wait until the next one!!!

tojoco
04-27-2009, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the recap, Sherri. It's nice to get some detailed information; and I'm so glad everyone had a great time. I am going to do my best to get my behind at the gathering next year.

mydogstinks2
04-27-2009, 07:45 AM
You took pictures driving here and notes driving home! I'm thinkin I know why your drive was so long! LOL

My3Ds
04-27-2009, 07:54 AM
Great notes, but you were writing and driving?! And here I was afraid to txt you because I didn't want you texting and driving. Bad girl. LOL

Spartymom
04-27-2009, 08:23 AM
Very good observations! it was such a great time!

Mrs. Fence
04-27-2009, 09:04 AM
Awesome recap, Sherri! Glad you all had such a nice time.

logcabincreations
04-27-2009, 09:26 AM
Here are some of my memories....

Robin (stinkycheese) worked on the cutest scrapbook....I don't know how she got anything done with her phone ringing so much...

I thought Sherri was much taller as she looks taller in her pics here at the shack :) I got to sit next to her this weekend and boy did she crank out a lot of projects!! (she's only in a million swaps...lol)

Robinkay has beautiful long hair....wish mine was that long....and her sweet sister came to take our group photo (thank you sweet sister :)

Amy shared the funniest story about her husband's accident and you must tell it here as to why he hasn't been speaking to you...lol

My friend Cheryl, Nancy, Cheryl(shadoob), Amy and I REALLY DID eat lunch at Red Robbin on Saturday after shopping......(someone at Palooza kept mixing up Ruby Tuesday and Red Robbin).....we all rode together (me driving) for our shopping trip on Saturday. I almost could not keep up with Chelsea as I was following her....and she has a lead foot...lol (just kidding) We saw the cow limo too and I could not get a picture because there were people behind me....I'm glad the other girls got a pic to share here...it was so funny!

Cheryl(Shadoob) cured my sinus headache with an AMAZING MASSAGE -- thank you so much ;)

You could hear Cindy, Tracy and Suzanne laughing the whole time ... cracked us all up.

Becky, Traci, Kathy, Jennifer and Kimmy sat across from me and Cheryl and couldn't believe how southern our accents are......my first words when we arrived were HEY Y'ALL....sounds pretty normal to me...lol

Chris, Robinkay and Chelsea are AMAZING HOSTESSES!!!!!! You girls are DA-BOMB!! We had all kinds of snacks, drinks, and little surprises at our places at the tables....adorable!! We had placemats that said "Welcome to Palooza 09" and little plastic champagne glasses filled with M&M's with a little umbrella sticking out, a miniature cupcake with a welcome sign sticking up (not edible...lol), and most brought a handcrafted item to share with everyone there. I have the greatest bag of souvenirs -- plus all the shoebox projects I did -- so many wonderful ideas to share with my friends here at home.

I'm sure I'll come up with more to share later....but one in particular....I DO NOT SNORE!! Cheryl said she never heard me, so my husband MUST be lying.......lol

logcabincreations
04-27-2009, 03:21 PM
bumping up :)

ellie
04-27-2009, 04:33 PM
This was great info...thank you for being so "observant"!

TiikkiStars
04-27-2009, 04:38 PM
Thanks Sherri and Jan for the great list of memories! Its fun to hear about everyone IRL and what you all were up to! :>

:> Karen

smileycollector
04-27-2009, 06:51 PM
I really enjoyed reading your Shackapalooza memories and appreciate you sharing them with us. Sounds like such a great time!! :)

maxiesmom
04-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Jan & Cheryl's accents are CUTE! We loved listening to them talk, but not as much as we loved hearing them sing! Even if I did cry.

spredbirds
04-27-2009, 08:08 PM
I almost could not keep up with Chelsea as I was following her....and she has a lead foot...lol (just kidding)

hey ..... I was going the speed limit!!!! Which is very nice in Indiana .... it is 70!

cindi
04-27-2009, 08:39 PM
love the recaps!!! it's nice to hear how much fun all of you had.
:)

midnitecreations
04-27-2009, 09:08 PM
You guys sound like you had a grand time! Sure makes me want to join you next time!

GSMom385
04-27-2009, 09:15 PM
Good notes from one and all. I have to tell you Suzanne was very excited about hosting the swap and she is already planning the camping one that Sherri suggested as her second hosting adventure.

I have to tell you all it was very hard to go back to work today. But I added the photo of us all as my background to my pc so it reminds me when I logon how much fun it was this weekend.

emmcee
04-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Great recaps. Thanks for sharing.

Merry4003
04-27-2009, 09:43 PM
It sounds like you all had such a great time, love reading your recaps.

shuggy
04-27-2009, 10:08 PM
great recaps!!! i loved every minute i was there!!!

GrammaStamper
04-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Thanks for all the info about this year's Palooza! I really wanted to go, so maybe if there is one next year, I'll be able to make it.

teabear
04-28-2009, 08:00 AM
This is so fun to read. I can only imagine how much you all laughed and enjoyed the time together.