PDA

View Full Version : Ok ...My favorite poll is...

Caboverde1
01-01-2007, 05:07 PM
What is your name and how or why did you come up with it????

Ill go first...
Caboverde1: Well im the "1" of Cape Verdean descent. Every time I tell people that they still wonder what it means soooooo...quick history lesson!
The uninhabited islands were discovered and colonized by the Portuguese in the 15th century; Cape Verde subsequently became a trading center for African slaves and later an important coaling and resupply stop for whaling and transatlantic shipping. Following independence in 1975, and a tentative interest in unification with Guinea-Bissau, a one party system was established and maintained until multi-party elections were held in 1990. Cape Verde continues to exhibit one of Africa's most stable democratic governments. Repeated droughts during the second half of the 20th century caused significant hardship and prompted heavy emigration. Which is when my fathers parents decided to come here with him. As a result, Cape Verde's expatriate population is greater than its domestic one. Most Cape Verdeans have both African and Portuguese antecedents. And thats a little of my history and im ever so proud of it! :D

Inkyhands
01-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Mie was simple and kind of a no brainer...I constantly have ....Inkyhands.
I always, always have ink on my hands.

lost luggage
01-01-2007, 05:34 PM
I think mine is even more simple than that! lol It's just Julie. That's it. No story.. :)

Jellybean298
01-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Mine is a nice name my mom called me when I was a kid her little Jellybean. Plus the fact I just love a
good jellybean.

mydogstinks2
01-01-2007, 05:40 PM
mine is cause well... my dog stinks! He has the worst dog breath EVER!! Plus my hubby says that Fred,the dog, is so spoiled he stinks!

dgbearsmom
01-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Mine's straightforward. My DS's name is Davin Garrett - aka D.G. Bear. So I am D.G. Bear's mom.

Judy

iloveflipflops
01-01-2007, 06:12 PM
I have my name because ......

I LOVE FLIP FLOPS

shuggy
01-01-2007, 06:16 PM
mine stems from a nickname my bf calls me. started out when we were dating and kind of stuck. now he rarely calls me angie and i don't know when the last time i called him kerry was!!

Swanie78
01-01-2007, 06:22 PM
My last name is Swan.
My 7th grade gym teacher used to call me Swanie (we were close) and always used to sing some old song that went..."Swaaaaaaaaanie...how I love ya, how I love ya." So shed sing that when I came to gym every day...lol
When I first signed up for AOL a loooooong time ago, its the only thing I could think of, so I went with it.
To many online communities, Im known as "Wades girl", but Im trying to stray away from that. Wade was my boyfriend, who died in 2001. When I talk about being single it confuses people that Im single but "Wades girl" lol I dont mind talking about him or what happened, but it makes me feel like an attention hog so Im trying to not sign up places with it.

Spartymom
01-01-2007, 06:37 PM
These are such fun stories to hear. I picked my name b/c I'm a mom and a huge MSU alumni & Fan. Michigan State spartans, thus spartymom..Kim

Firecracker
01-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Mine is Firecracker. I was born on the 4th of July and my mom always called me her little firecracker. She also says it fits my personality. Since I'm not little anymore I just go by firecracker. Hugs, Heather

cindi
01-01-2007, 08:30 PM
NOT!!
My name is Cindi..and yes this is the way I spell it.
:)

Erin K
01-01-2007, 08:40 PM
um... Because that's my name!

Sherry
01-01-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm with Erin on this one. It's my name :) I can never think of anything orginal.

ellie
01-01-2007, 10:31 PM
mine is easy...it's just my real name...that way, I don't have too much to remember!

athiejane
01-01-2007, 11:20 PM
Mine is my grandmother's name. I knew no one on the internet would have the same name. Also, she died when I was young and it keeps her memory alive for me.

LinzyD
01-01-2007, 11:35 PM
mine stems from a nickname my bf calls me. started out when we were dating and kind of stuck. now he rarely calls me angie and i don't know when the last time i called him kerry was!!

Jorge calles me "honey mustard"...random, I know...I call him punkin (pumpkin) and he started calling me that b/c I "have blonde hair and like mustard..." Too funny...it's really cute the way he says it with his accent and all!
Linzy

LinzyD
01-01-2007, 11:37 PM
What is your name and how or why did you come up with it????

Ill go first...
Caboverde1: Well im the "1" of Cape Verdean descent. Every time I tell people that they still wonder what it means soooooo...quick history lesson!
The uninhabited islands were discovered and colonized by the Portuguese in the 15th century; Cape Verde subsequently became a trading center for African slaves and later an important coaling and resupply stop for whaling and transatlantic shipping. Following independence in 1975, and a tentative interest in unification with Guinea-Bissau, a one party system was established and maintained until multi-party elections were held in 1990. Cape Verde continues to exhibit one of Africa's most stable democratic governments. Repeated droughts during the second half of the 20th century caused significant hardship and prompted heavy emigration. Which is when my fathers parents decided to come here with him. As a result, Cape Verde's expatriate population is greater than its domestic one. Most Cape Verdeans have both African and Portuguese antecedents. And thats a little of my history and im ever so proud of it! :D

He's originally from Angola!
Linzy

scrappinnuts
01-02-2007, 12:07 AM
Hi Tonii..YOu know where mine came from.. I am Just Nuts about Scrappin..but getting that way about stamping..but I think that one is taken so I will stick with Scrappinnuts

loobylou
01-02-2007, 01:27 AM
When I was a little girl in England there was a tv show called Raggedy Ann and one of her friends was called Loobylou. (Do you know the song- "here we go Loobylou, all on a Saturday night). As My middle name is Louise, My daddy called me Loobylou and he has ever since. He does insist that it should never be Looby-"LOO" as it reminds him of a toilet.

1of2shoes
01-02-2007, 04:01 AM
The first part of my last name sounds like "shoe". My husband is a "shoe" and I am a "shoe", so I am 1 of 2 shoes. Dorky, huh? And you thought it was cuz I liked shoes. Not!

toao
01-02-2007, 08:58 AM
These are so cool. Now I have "here we go loobylou" stuck in my head.

Okay...TOAO means "the one and only"

That's me!
Mary

suzi_f
01-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Well, I chose mine 'cause I'm
Smart
Unique
Zany
Imaginative and
Funny
so that comes out to SUZI_F. Hey, wait!!! That spells out my name. Weird.

Caboverde1
01-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Girl...your so crazy....what a cool "coincidence"!

TOnii

RedfoxPrints
01-02-2007, 09:05 PM
LOL at Suzi F's reply, thanks for a chuckle :biglaugh:

Well at 2peas I'm Redfox. The reason for that is because when I got accepted to graduate school I wanted to research Red Foxes, so I gave myself the name Redfox. I was also a girl scout leader at the time with some friends and we all had camp names, mine was Redfox and well its stuck.

Then when I got into card making I decided if I ever had my own business my card business/papercrafts business would be named Redfox Prints, so there it is! Oh but I don't have my own business, I barely dipped my toe in the "waters" so to speak (made some wedding invites for $) and quickly quickly realized, I like my hobby as a hobby. but I still sign all my cards as Redfox Prints. :cute:

Caboverde1
01-02-2007, 11:17 PM
How cool...I used to be a dolphin trainer for Sea World and my forum names were always DolphinRider1

TONii

mahodgman
01-02-2007, 11:27 PM
I'm another boring one, but if I keep it simple, I won't forget who I am where. My name is Mary Anne Hodgman aka mahodgman. I'm nobody's ma, but I know some of you think of that when say my name....so stop it!

stampcrazyjulie
01-02-2007, 11:43 PM
My name is Julie & I am crazy for stamps, thus my name stampcrazyjulie! I know, original, huh?? :) Sometimes I want to change it, but then I might confuse myself!

When I first started out on the Interent, I used the name California Dolphin Girl because I was bron in Calif., love the Ocean & Dolphins! :) But then I thought maybe it was too long...so I changed it! :)

Jadyeebugsaunt
01-03-2007, 12:31 AM
Ok here's mine my niece's name is Jadyn, when she was born my little cousin called her Jadyee, so we added bug to it (like ladybug) It came out Jadyeebug, therefore I'm Jadyeebugsaunt!

hutchink
01-03-2007, 12:39 AM
Okay mine is from the private college that I worked at they used the last 7 letters of your last name and your first intital...hutchink...which seemed to fit my love for ink too! Since jr high...my friends all call me K....Yes just a Capital K...so that is usually how I sign most of my stuff...even my Checks!

Great poll Tonii!

~K

ctmhgirl
01-03-2007, 08:03 AM
Mine is CTMHgirl I am a consultant for CTMH and love thier products and girl was easier to write than woman. It was a spur of the moment decision, but now I use it on all the boards so I don't get confused. :)

stampinmom3
01-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Well,I'm a mom and I love to stamp. And, the three is just the number that I had to use when signing up on a site..so I'm stampinmom 3.

Whoopsie Daisy!
01-03-2007, 02:49 PM
I named my custom cards and scrapbooking business "Whoopsie Daisy!".
My favorite soap is called "Whoopsie Daisy!".
I am always saying "whoopsie" or "oopsie" daisy when an "oops" happen.

lisaguyon
01-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Ok guess mine is just lame cause it is just my name....

Caboverde1
01-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Not lame...How ya been???
Tonii

Caboverde1
01-04-2007, 03:55 PM
I know we have more names to explain....where are yall at???? Make yourself known!

Tonii

Jenn D
01-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Because I'm too unoriginal so I use my first name and initial of my last name.

Caboverde1
01-06-2007, 12:36 AM
Nothing wrong with un-original...I think you actually using your own name is actually as orginal as you can get.

Tonii

babyz mommy
01-06-2007, 12:54 AM
i got mine from the kids that live next door to my mother-in-law. when i go to pick up my dog after work there, they yell "baby's mommy is here!" so, they know me as babyz mommy and nothing else!

Caboverde1
01-06-2007, 01:58 PM
How cute...you take your dog to the "Baby" sitter!

TOnii

babyz mommy
01-06-2007, 08:20 PM
yep! we actually call it "grandma's", since she is "grandma's only grandchild"!

Darleneh710
01-07-2007, 01:48 AM
These are so cool. Now I have "here we go loobylou" stuck in my head.

Okay...TOAO means "the one and only"

That's me!
Mary

Hi Mary, I have always wondered what your name meant and I just couldn't figure it out. Wow, thanks for sharing:)

Darleneh710
01-07-2007, 01:51 AM
and mine is just my name...it's the same as my email...the 710 doesn't mean anything specific...its what I was given when I signed up for my email and it is easier for me to remember :)

patg
01-07-2007, 01:54 AM
Mine is a no brainer - first name Pat and last Guertler, hence patg.

Pat

LinzyD
01-07-2007, 03:50 AM
Mine is easy...
Linzy (because that is shorter to write than Lindsey) and D b/c that is my middle name!
Voila!

GrammaStamper
01-07-2007, 04:57 AM
Well, I used to be Babsy49 'cause my name is Barb (Babs for short) and I was born in '49. Then, along came my grandsons and now I'm GrammaStamper. When I become a great grandmother, I'll change it to GreatStampinGramma, but I've got at least 20 years before that happens!

Caboverde1
01-07-2007, 08:10 PM
I like that Great Stampin Gramma...its cute!

Tonii

buggainok
01-08-2007, 02:17 AM
Mine is my "grandma" name given to me by my first baby grandson when he tried to say grandma.

Somehow, it came out "Bugga". He was quite a talker and said lots of words very plainly, but adamantly insisted that I was "Bugga". The name stuck, and all the grandkids to follow have called me that, too.

That was 17 years ago, and I just melt when this 6 ft. tall handsome young man with a deep baritone still calls me "Bugga".

I live in Oklahoma - so Bugga in ok

kamperstampr
01-08-2007, 04:38 AM
I got the name kamperstampr from a very dear friend when I first started stamping many years ago. And the reason is obvious-------we camp alot during the summer and it is not unusual to find me at the lake stamping in our camper.

Caboverde1
01-08-2007, 08:41 AM
Mine is my "grandma" name given to me by my first baby grandson when he tried to say grandma.

Somehow, it came out "Bugga". He was quite a talker and said lots of words very plainly, but adamantly insisted that I was "Bugga". The name stuck, and all the grandkids to follow have called me that, too.

That was 17 years ago, and I just melt when this 6 ft. tall handsome young man with a deep baritone still calls me "Bugga".

I live in Oklahoma - so Bugga in ok

When I was little my mom used to call her mom "my dear" and I shortened it to "mudear" and thats what every one calls her now!

Tonii