PDA

View Full Version : Copic Markers

Patty
05-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Has anyone ever "refilled" a copic? Where do you get the refills? How much are they? How hard/messy is it? Would you do it again?:worried:

iloveflipflops
05-13-2009, 02:53 PM
I had to get a new brown as I use it all the time on my Riley mooses. I didnt' know where to get a refill so I just bought a new marker.

mcourtney
05-13-2009, 03:02 PM
I get mine from OOZAK. They are about the same price as the markers. You also have to get the refill kit which are caps with long needles on them, like hypodermic needles. I ususally pull the wide nib out (I have Sketchers) and refill from that end. You just stick the needle down into the material and give a gentle squeeze. Just be careful you don't overfill cuz they'll drip all over the place and the ink will pool in the caps. Then you and your project will get an AI drip background. (My hands were a lovely shade of green for a while.)

1of2shoes
05-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Patty:

I have refilled my Copics. It's easy. I get my refills at the Paper Garden Projects Store (http://papergardenprojects.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=124&zenid=ulmrv5b5uhf9p7q88uopj7rs96). The refills there are about $6 but it will refill your pen many many times. I refill my colorless blender the most, so I buy the large bottle of solution for that, but the regular refills for the other colors.

Here's how to refill

Taken right from the Copic Marker certification class handout.

valleygirl50
07-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Thank you! I need to refill my C1.

LadyKat
07-17-2009, 12:50 AM
If you register so that you can LOG IN with a password and email address, www.oozak.com (http://www.oozak.com) has the best prices I have found for the COPIC markers. They sell the Sketch for $4.25.

**If you do NOT register, you will get them for $4.87!

They carry EVERYTHING you need for the copics. They have the refills, the nibs, the BOOSTER System, (which is what the "needles" for refilling the markers , is called), the tweezers to help pull out the nib so you can refill the marker and several versions of the airbrush system.

EVERYTHING is cheaper IF you register!:nod: Be careful so that you get the cheaper prices. It is well worth taking the time to register.
So many people just go straight to the markers or whatever they need and then get upset because they do NOT get the discount.

kerry
07-17-2009, 10:48 AM
I love oozak. I order my markers through them. I've been needing a C1 refill for a long time and they never have it in stock. I'm looking for a refill not a new marker.

ETA...I just found the refill and some needed markers at paper garden...They have free shipping with 35.00 order...Deal!

Kerry