PDA

View Full Version : Wrist corsages help?

Spartymom
01-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Does anyone know how I could make these myself? DH & dd's have a daddy/daughter dance in Feb. I"d like to get the girls wrist corsages. Last year, I paid a florist to do this. Maybe I could make it this year? Ideas? Thanks, Kim

tojoco
01-01-2007, 07:48 PM
I've never made one but it does look doable. Sorry I can't help you.

kerry
01-01-2007, 08:09 PM
I have made them before and they are quite simple to make. They are not that time consuming either. I have used both real and silk flowers. Make sure to get some 1 inch or 3/4 inch elastic as anything thinner will make the flowers "flop" around. You'll want to measure the elastic the size of their wrist and then decrease that about one inch. This will allow for stretch and will not be uncomfortable.

If you want to know more about the flower arranging part, just let me know. I can help you there too.

Kerry

Spartymom
01-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Elastic? Gee, I do have that in my sewing kit. Thanks, Kim
PS. I did PM you too.

kerry
01-01-2007, 08:26 PM
you the document. I hope maybe to include some sketches. Are there any particular flowers you are interested in using??? You know, since this is a stamping site, we could make some stamped flowers and apply them to stems then make our own corsages too...Hee hee hee!!

Kerry

Spartymom
01-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Stamped flowers would be wild, since I am getting those from SU. How did you know? Yes, thanks so much. Oh and Roses? Last year I just used one white rose??? I'm open to anything. Kim