PDA

View Full Version : If you watch this you tube video,

iloveflipflops
05-17-2009, 03:39 PM
this is EXACTLY how the girl taught our Copic marker class yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD-fMwbBr5g

Take a looksy :).

tojoco
05-17-2009, 05:20 PM
This is exactly how my teacher showed us how to color except we had a more detailed image and we used 3 colors to blend.

cindi
05-17-2009, 09:31 PM
great video. that is how I've been doing it, so it's nice to see I have a handle on it. now I just need more colors!!
lol
:)

GrammaStamper
05-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Great video, but did anyone notice her nail polish. Blue on one hand and no polish on the other.

cindi
05-17-2009, 09:54 PM
Great video, but did anyone notice her nail polish. Blue on one hand and no polish on the other.

lol!! I did not, now I have to go look!
:jimlad:

tammym
05-17-2009, 11:37 PM

LOL...she made the comment at the end that she was in the process of changing them but just hadn't finished yet!! Too funny! They were both really pretty though.

bubblegum girl
05-18-2009, 12:13 AM

AmyR does gel nails or something herself (took a special course for it) but she did say near the end she was in the process of changing them.

Mrs. StampFantasy
05-18-2009, 01:34 AM
Now i write copics on my wishlist. But in germany they are very expensive. *Grrrrrrr* But what Copics can i write on my wishlist???? Copics ; Copic ciao or copic sketch. Which are the best???

Stampo
05-18-2009, 09:08 PM
Can someone enlighten me on why copics would be any better than say Marvy markers? I watched the video but just don't get why they're worth the price... thanks for your insight and pardon my ignorance...

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/funny-pictures-cat-breaks-your-door.jpg

cindi
05-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Can someone enlighten me on why copics would be any better than say Marvy markers? I watched the video but just don't get why they're worth the price... thanks for your insight and pardon my ignorance...

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/funny-pictures-cat-breaks-your-door.jpg

Copic markers are alcohol based inks, they have great color and blendability ( is that a word?) as you can see by that video. they sauturate the paper with bold vivid color. I love mine!! I have some copics, some prismas and even some bic mark its. My fave is the copics. I'm sure some one else can give you more info as well, that is all I can think of off the top of my head.
:)

LadyKat
05-21-2009, 11:33 AM
1. Copics come in tons of colors, think 300+, for example.
2. They are REFILLABLE, which is a BIG plus since the markers themselves are not cheap, about $4.25 per Sketch marker. ( There are several versions available-Ciao, Sketch, Wide, Original
3. They have replacement nibs available, can be used with an airbrush system to create backgrounds.
4. The Colorless Blender is really NOT a blender. It is Not used like a Marvy, Tombow or SU! blender. The Copic Colorless Blender is used to LIGHTEN colors, push (erase or remove) color, create texture by using the nibs or by adding the Colorless belnder solution to fabric in order to create texture.
5. If done correctly, do not leave those streaky lines that other markers leave.

Some people are using Sharpies and Bic MarkIts because they are cheaper but they smell worse than the Copics. Copics have very little odor to them and that is a sort of "pleasant"odor, compared to a Sharpie or BicMarkIt.

paperprintss
05-21-2009, 05:42 PM
Yes, it is the alcohol that just makes a better pen over all. I too own many kinds, but my copic are my favorite and they are the same ones that Emily Carr College uses with a paint and a fine tip.