PDA

View Full Version : Who is serious about going to Shackapalooza next year?

workin4stamps
05-17-2009, 07:29 PM
The dates would be April 22, 23, 24, 25. I will have to confirm this with the Inn.

In order to confirm your reservation you would need to do the following:

-Call the Inn and book your room by paying for one night's stay. (about $80 I'm guessing). If there are 2 of you sharing a room, then only one of you needs to do this......

-Send me a deposit towards the crop room for $25. This requirement is PER PERSON.

We would need to do this within the next couple of months I'm thinking..........

Chris has some other things on her plate right now, so I agreed to take care of the reservations and stuff this time. Just an FYI in case you were wondering.

Please post here if you are interested AND are ready to follow through with the above 2 things so we can get the ball rolling.............I am trying to get an idea how many people are interested at this time.........

This is a little bit differently than how things worked this year, but this is closer to how we did it last year..........

THANKS!!!!!!

workin4stamps
05-17-2009, 07:34 PM
P.S. This isn't anything official YET. I am simply taking a poll of sorts to find out who is prepared to do this. Don't call the Inn now. They won't have a clue what you're talking about!!!!!! LOL

After I see how many responses we get, I will make some phone calls.....

cindi
05-17-2009, 07:39 PM
one of these times I would love to go. But, the flights from Maine are so expensive to go there for some reason, cripes I can go on a weeks vacation in cancun for that..just about. I'll check the flights Again next year and hope they are better
:)

GrammaStamper
05-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Inasmuch as it's a whole year away, I'm definitely interested. I'll keep an eye on this thread, for sure.

tojoco
05-17-2009, 07:44 PM
You know I want to be there very badly but I can't do any committing for next year yet.

iloveflipflops
05-17-2009, 07:55 PM
I am not able to commit this time.

shadoob
05-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Well, I am definitely INTERESTED. I should know more within a few more months though. I think the new way of doing it is SO MUCH better for the organizer. That is a LOT of stuff to deal with (rooms, room mates, deposits, etc...)

iloveflipflops
05-17-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm pretty sure Nancy F will be interested but she is on a cruise and won't be back till Saturday (I'm taking notes)

workin4stamps
05-17-2009, 08:10 PM
I realized it's a long way away..........but this place books up FAST! We may be able to put off making formal arrangements until the end of summer.....but I think I'd want to start the ball rolling by July sometime. I also know that a lot of people can't commit so far in advance....that's why I just need to know who CAN.

The deposit on the crop room alone is $500! yikes!!

Fief14
05-17-2009, 08:14 PM
I am definately interested & would love to go, but I can't commit 100% at this time. I should be able to decide for sure later this Summer when more details etc. are available.

logcabincreations
05-17-2009, 08:20 PM
I want to go again. Give me at least 2 weeks to call and make my reservation though -- I'm broke at the moment. :)

shuggy
05-17-2009, 08:24 PM
me, me, me!!!

and my cute mom, of course!

maxiesmom
05-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Yes, I'm going. Let me know when you need the money and if you need more than that.

MidwestStamper
05-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Are we still looking at an October gathering in Vegas?

kimmyqtgirl
05-17-2009, 10:43 PM
I am in!
Tell me when to book my room:)

Spartymom
05-18-2009, 07:53 AM
I am in! Will do whatever needs to be done!

GSMom385
05-18-2009, 08:24 PM
I'm in I can't speak for my other IA friends but I will make sure they know we are looking at it.

emmcee
05-18-2009, 08:40 PM
I really want to go and really wanted to go this year. So yes I'm interested and I should have some leave time next year. :nod:

morgainegeiser
05-18-2009, 09:51 PM
I would like to attend, but would have to check on the dates a little more. Another thing that might be helpful, is I have been a member for a little over a year and I am not all that familiar with where you have this and what your planned activities are. It might be helpful to newbies or not so newbies to have a little more information. What I know about it is just glenned from chatter here on the threads.

workin4stamps
05-18-2009, 10:08 PM
I would like to attend, but would have to check on the dates a little more. Another thing that might be helpful, is I have been a member for a little over a year and I am not all that familiar with where you have this and what your planned activities are. It might be helpful to newbies or not so newbies to have a little more information. What I know about it is just glenned from chatter here on the threads.

thanks for pointing that out Morgan!

This is held in Angola, Indiana. As of right now, there are no planned activities. We just bring all of our stuff, and we stamp day and night. There is usually a shopping excursion to local stamp & scrap stores. In the past we have done shoebox projects (participation is optional), but we have not decided anything about that for next year. We take breaks to eat of course!!

Next year the dates are April 22, 23, 24, 25.

I hope that helps!

shadoob
05-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Traci for got to mention that we EAT A LOT and LAUGH A LOT too!

scraphappy908
05-19-2009, 06:51 AM
Count me in for Palooza 2010! I have already marked the dates in my planner.

spredbirds
05-19-2009, 07:49 AM
I am INTERESTED!!!!