PDA

View Full Version : I called the Potawatomi Inn today about Palooza '10

workin4stamps
05-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Here is the scoop:

Potawatomi Inn (http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/inns/potawatomi/)
Angola, Indiana

April 22, 23, 24 & 25 2010 (arrive on Thursday, leave on Sunday)

They are already booked for their double bed rooms (2 double beds). This is what we have always gotten before, but there are not any available.

They do have Double Queen rooms available. They are $6 more per night. She is holding 11 rooms for us. We used 9 this year. Based on the fact that the Double bed rooms are sold out, I did not think we should wait to block these other rooms.

I need to send her a $400 deposit within 30 days. That will block out our 11 rooms plus the conference room.

If you want to come, please send me $40. This will basically cover your share of the conference room for the weekend---so as long as we get at least 20 people attending, you shouldn't really owe anything for the conference room later. I won't know final totals until we know how many people are coming, but the conference room cost per person should be about $35-$40 per person. It's $750 for the whole weekend, so we divide that by however many people are there (we had 22 this year).

Later you will need to call in and put down a 1 night deposit on your room. This does not have to be done anytime soon, but needs to be done by the end of the year. (ETA: According to my paperwork, we have a little longer than that now....) Then the balance due of the remaining 2 nights will be paid when you get there. Even though I am sending a deposit amount in on each room, they still require that you call in and pay for one night on each room before the end of the year. This is different than how we did it this year, but it is really the best way to do it.

$87 is the rate for Thursday. $97 for Friday and $97 for Saturday. This does not include taxes. This is per ROOM, not per person. The $40 deposit to send me is PER PERSON.

As long as I collect $40 from 10 people (well, really 9 since I'll be paying too), that way we have our deposit covered and we can go from there.

I am opening up a separate bank account at work to put the money in. Once I have paid the $400 deposit, the rest will sit until I have to pay the balance of the conference room, etc.

**IF FOR ANY REASON YOU NEED TO CANCEL, I CANNOT GUARANTEE A RETURN OF YOUR $40 DEPOSIT WITHIN ANY SET TIMEFRAME. DEPENDING ON WHEN YOU CANCEL, YOU MAY LOSE PART OR ALL OF YOUR DEPOSIT. THE CLOSER WE GET TO THE DATE, THE MORE OF OUR DEPOSIT WE LOSE IF WE START TO CANCEL ROOMS. IF I AM ABLE TO SEND YOU A REFUND AT ALL, IT WOULD NOT BE UNTIL AFTER THE EVENT.**

Please let me know if you have any questions. I need to send the $400 in by the middle of June, so anyone that wants to hold a spot, please send me the $$ by June 10th.

Traci Gentry
1675 W Main St
Woodville, OH 43469

I think this works out nicely, because it gives us a chance to spread it out a little bit and we don't have to pay so much all at one time.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

:-)

Traci

maxiesmom
05-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Thanks for getting the ball rolling since Chris has some stuff on her plate right now! I'm ready to move on this!

kimmyqtgirl
05-18-2009, 09:52 PM
Dang you are quick:). I'll send my money to you asap! I can't wait!!!

logcabincreations
05-18-2009, 10:41 PM
can I paypal you?????

workin4stamps
05-18-2009, 10:44 PM
can I paypal you?????

sure. I will send you a pm.

logcabincreations
05-18-2009, 10:46 PM
I'll talk to Cheryl and ask if she wants to come again -- then maybe I'll send you money for both of us :) I'll let you know for sure tomorrow.

Sweetpea
05-18-2009, 11:30 PM
Sounds like we are on our way. The Reece girls will be sending you money shortly. (I guess one of us isn't a Reece anymore). Thanks for doing this--a separate account sounds great. Know of a good bank??? If I can help with anything, let me know. I would be happy to have a diversion!

Spartymom
05-19-2009, 07:38 AM
Can't believe the doouble beds are booked already. Popular place! Count me in. Check is in the mail!

spredbirds
05-19-2009, 07:43 AM
thanks Traci for starting to get all of this organized ... I'm in and I will send you my $40 this week!

maxiesmom
05-19-2009, 08:03 AM
I'll talk to Cheryl and ask if she wants to come again -- then maybe I'll send you money for both of us :) I'll let you know for sure tomorrow.

Yes, we want Cheryl there again too! Maybe we can even get another song or two out of you both?? :D No pressure!

pesc
05-19-2009, 08:48 AM
Wow! You are good. I cannot attend because it's too far, two babies, not enought time... but I'm so impressed you are doing all that so you could all meet and have fun!
Thanks to you! :)

logcabincreations
05-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Hey Traci...I just talked to Cheryl and she wants to come with me again :) I'll paypal you $80 by Friday.

maxiesmom
05-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Hey Traci...I just talked to Cheryl and she wants to come with me again :) I'll paypal you $80 by Friday.

Yeah! Jan and Cheryl are on board!!

mydogstinks2
05-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Thanks for doing all this for me Traci!! You rock!!

workin4stamps
05-20-2009, 06:07 PM
yes, and now I'm getting really excited!!! Tom is opening the account for me tomorrow, and I can't believe we have to wait almost a whole year yet!!!

LOL

workin4stamps
06-06-2009, 02:12 PM
I have collected $280 in deposits so far! Only 3 more deposits needed from any willing particpants, and I can confirm our reservation!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!

I will be mailing it in on June 15th..................

YEY!!!!!

Inkisallover
06-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Boo Hoo, I can't go this time...:(:cry2::sad:

scraphappy908
06-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Oh my gosh! Where have I been for two weeks! I know I've been checking in from time to time but this is the first I've seen this post!
Traci, count me in! I will put a check in the mail Monday morning.