PDA

View Full Version : Football (could be) over as quick as it started!! LOL

iloveflipflops
05-27-2009, 06:51 AM
Nicholas had his first football practice (try-outs) yesterday after school. It was a long day for him. He didn't get home till a little after 5:00 and that was after he had left at 8 am for school.

He said there is alot to learn and he's not sure he wants to go through with it. We're leaving it up to him. He needs football cleats which I hate to get if he isn't going to follow through.

I'm secretly hoping he decides just to stick with soccer. Much easier on all of us :).

I'm proud he at least tried it.

shadoob
05-27-2009, 06:58 AM
The same thing happened in my home. DS decided that his grades would suffer (he was a really dedicated student) AND his social life would too....as well as DOWN time if he stayed in Football. I made HIM go to the coach to quit though...He was glad he did it and I was glad he didn't stick with it! good luck either way.

allinkdup
05-27-2009, 10:15 AM
I WISH Justin would quit football. He is a totally football addict. I guess it could be worse, he could be that way with every sport. I just hate sitting in the rain at the games. Oh well...only 4 more years, LOL!!!!

cindi
05-27-2009, 10:38 AM
well it sounds like he has a big decision to make. Keep us posted. I hear ya about buying cleats if he isn't gonna need them
:)

Mrs. Fence
05-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Still glad my kid is a chess geek...I hope he decides before you buy cleats, though! Keep us informed...

mydogstinks2
05-27-2009, 12:49 PM
It's great that he tried!

logcabincreations
05-27-2009, 01:29 PM
did you know that (1) soccer players make great football players because their stamina is so built up from all that running in soccer? and (2) that soccer players make the best kickers for football teams?

Our football teams recruit soccer players to try out as kickers.

It's great he is trying something new though, and that he tries it now and decides whether or not he likes it instead of waiting until high school.