PDA

View Full Version : Stamping Magazines

dancing queen
05-28-2009, 10:23 PM
I had a subscription to Rubber Stamper Magazine (loved it) which ended up selling out and the balance of my subscription came from Crafts & Things (not crazy about it). Now I'm looking for a new magazine. Which one(s) do you like best? thanks.

teabear
05-28-2009, 10:43 PM
I love Stamper's Sampler, but it is pricey.

Far North
05-29-2009, 02:46 AM
Oh my I do enjoy all the card samples in most of the Stampington magazines but indeed they are all spendy. But it is Scrap & Stamp Arts that I go to for new technique ideas. I see they are going to feature the new smooch product in July. I do like Vamp News to read the great little tidbit ideas.

fallingstar
05-29-2009, 09:37 AM
I subscribe to Cardmaker's magazine and love it! They also offer an online subscription. I didn't subscribe to the online because I like to have the actual
magazine in my hands.

lakeslady
05-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Give me Vamp Stamp News everytime........I love a monthly stamping fix LOL So much info in there and it is not expenxsive.

teabear
05-29-2009, 10:21 AM
I forgot about Vamp Stamp News. The other one I keep thinking I'll subscribe to is Technique Junkies. It's more of a newsletter, but from what I hear it's all techniques all the time. Does anybody get that one?

Stampo
05-29-2009, 12:41 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Rubberstampmadness is the original and the best!

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/funny-pictures-cat-shoots-an-invisible-arrow.jpg

jazzypurple853
05-29-2009, 12:55 PM
I do subscribe to technique junkies. It is all techniques. But there is also a gallery too see the examples of the techniques that were used.

ccstampin12
05-29-2009, 03:59 PM
CARDS and Paper Trends, which turned into something else, that I cannot remember.
AGAIN, very expensive, but so worth it!
Joanie

kerry
05-29-2009, 07:51 PM
If you liked Rubber Stamper, you may like Rubber Stamp Madness. I like Just Cards and just for inspiration (not many tutorials) Stamper's Sampler.

I'm disappointed in many of the cards magazines because they seem to be very heavy on purchased embellishments and non-stamped cards. I really want a stamping magazine again.

Kerry

LaurieU
05-29-2009, 08:13 PM
I'm disappointed in many of the cards magazines because they seem to be very heavy on purchased embellishments and non-stamped cards. I really want a stamping magazine again.

Kerry

I agree 100%

sunnybunny
05-29-2009, 10:12 PM
If you liked Rubber Stamper, you may like Rubber Stamp Madness. I like Just Cards and just for inspiration (not many tutorials) Stamper's Sampler.

KerryHear, Hear!

I really miss Rubber Stamper.

dancing queen
05-29-2009, 10:49 PM
The 1st magazine I ever subscribed to (about 10 yrs ago) was Rubberstampmadness. But then they got a little "over the top" for me... a little too crazy. Then I found Rubber Stamper and it was a perfect fit... lots of techniques, ideas, samples, contests, etc. I really miss them. I am SOOOOO glad I've found this site. Almost better than a magazine!

Mrs. Fence
05-29-2009, 10:54 PM
I too love all the Stampington magazines, but get them with a coupon at Jo's or ACM. I don't subscribe to any.

morgainegeiser
05-29-2009, 11:42 PM
I get Technique Junkies and it is more of a newsletter and I get Cardmaker, like them both for different reasons.

jguyeby
05-30-2009, 02:06 AM
Vamp Stamp Joan introduced me to and I was very impressed with it. So I had to order some back issues and subscribe for the next year. i also like Cardmaker since it does show SU stuff in it.

firefly
05-31-2009, 08:07 AM
I love Vamp Stamp News as well and look forward to it every month!

Deborah
06-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Love Rubber Stamp Madness and Scrap & Stamp Arts...also hooked on Vamp Stamp News...a little kitchen table operation, but chock-a-block FULL of the greatest tips and techniques!! I like att the Stampington mags too, but tend to flip through those at my local book store...too expensive to buy everything I like!

swapin cards
06-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Thank you, thank you for writing about the trend to overload cards with TOO many embelishments! They make the cost of the card go way up, postage is terrible...and sometimes you lose the basic idea of the card! So often I thought it was just me....
Many card makers do not have all the machines that are on the market. Others are heavy into digital cards.
Has the Little Old Cardmaker disappeared? Mary

morgainegeiser
06-02-2009, 11:22 PM
Thank you, thank you for writing about the trend to overload cards with TOO many embelishments! They make the cost of the card go way up, postage is terrible...and sometimes you lose the basic idea of the card! So often I thought it was just me....
Many card makers do not have all the machines that are on the market. Others are heavy into digital cards.
Has the Little Old Cardmaker disappeared? Mary

I, too have been disappointed in the amount of embellishments and the general lack of stamping. Also, I am not into the kits to make cards, seems to cut and paste. I went to an Archivers workshop doing Basic Grey and I could have stayed home and read the kit and saved my $15 - there was no techniques taught. I will have to check into Stamp vamp magazine, sounds interesting.

Queenie
06-06-2009, 03:09 PM
I am a new subscriber to Technique Junkies and love it. Lots of wonderful ideas with with sample cards to see. If I am at a loss on what to do next it doesn't take long by looking at the on line site or the paper copy. This is what stampers are hungry for in my opinion.

Queenie