PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good devilled egg recipe

Jadyeebugsaunt
05-29-2009, 06:20 PM
thats is quick and easy anyone got one?

Nancy
05-29-2009, 06:34 PM
I only use Kraft real mayo, kosher salt and pepper and a smidgen of mustard. - Nancy

workin4stamps
05-29-2009, 06:53 PM
Mindy--you might not have this on hand, but I LOVE to put Marzetti's slaw dressing in my deviled eggs instead of mayo. Or you can do 1/2 and 1/2. Then like Nancy--I just add salt and pepper and mustard.......

:-)

cindi
05-29-2009, 07:00 PM
sometimes I like to add a little bit of dry packaged ranch dressing to my mayo & mustard mix. not a whole package just a tsp. or so depending on how many you are making. and I like a bit of salt & pepper, and I like to sprinkle paprika on top of mine
:)

mjbonoan
05-29-2009, 07:04 PM
great ideas... i wonder if the low fat mayo will work... since I had my surgery I can't eat the mayo. I like to add sweet relish and a bit of finely diced onions to my deviled eggs.

cindi
05-29-2009, 07:09 PM
great ideas... i wonder if the low fat mayo will work... since I had my surgery I can't eat the mayo. I like to add sweet relish and a bit of finely diced onions to my deviled eggs.

definatly, I use lowfat sometimes and my mom uses the new mayo made with olive oil.
:)

iloveflipflops
05-29-2009, 08:05 PM
I use lowfat mayo in mine all the time and they are great. I only use mayo, salt and pepper. No mustard since i don't do mustard on anything :)

Christie
05-29-2009, 08:10 PM
1 small package of instant potatoes; mixed. boil one dozen eggs. cut in half and chop the yokes up in a chopper. add the yokes to the potatoes and into a large bowl and mix in about 4 diced green onion, 1 jar dill pickle relish, about 6 tablespoons mayo and 12 tablespoons mustard. You will want to taste it and add extra mayo or mustard to your own taste. Fill egg whites then top each one with half of a green olive.

logcabincreations
05-29-2009, 09:02 PM
1 small package of instant potatoes; mixed. boil one dozen eggs. cut in half and chop the yokes up in a chopper. add the yokes to the potatoes and into a large bowl and mix in about 4 diced green onion, 1 jar dill pickle relish, about 6 tablespoons mayo and 12 tablespoons mustard. You will want to taste it and add extra mayo or mustard to your own taste. Fill egg whites then top each one with half of a green olive.

Well I've never ever heard of making them this way before with instant potatoes....very interesting :)

Christie
05-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Well I've never ever heard of making them this way before with instant potatoes....very interesting :)

All it really does it gives them a thicker consistency.

IMBlessed5
05-30-2009, 09:42 AM
I got this recipe from here at the Shack but can't remember who posted it (it was when we were discussing Thanksgiving menus). I made them and LOVED them! Secret ingredient is garden veg. cream cheese! ;)

6 eggs
1/4 cup garden vegetable cream cheese (in the little tub, spreadable)
3 Tablespoons salad dressing or mayo
salt and pepper to taste

When the Walmart checkout lady made a comment that she loves the garden veg. cream cheese I was buying, I told her what I planned to use it for and she was like "OMG I'm going to try that, thank you!" LOL!

Far North
05-30-2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks Vicki for posting this recipe. I could not find it when I looked. I need to get it into my computer recipe files to make the search a lot easier!

As for the typical recipe, I always use dry mustard instead of liquid...I think it gives a tad more zing.