PDA

View Full Version : Taking photos of my cards

dancing queen
06-06-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm about to make the jump and try to post some of my cards but I really need some help. You guys have been so-o-o-o-o-o helpful in answering my questions and I can't thank you enough. Today I tried to take a couple of pictures of a card I made and they just weren't coming out real clear like a lot of the ones I see in the gallery. Any suggestions? How and where do you set your cards up? Any exposure tricks I need to know? I guess just any information you can offer would be greatly appreciated. And then I'll probably run into trouble trying to upload them and I'll be back again with more questions... Oh, and, by the way, have I said thanks?

workin4stamps
06-06-2009, 08:41 PM
I use the macro setting on my digital camera. It's the tulip symbol. My husband bought me an inexpensive light tent for Christmas along with an Ott lamp that gives me nice natural lighting. I found the light tent online and it was like $20. You can also make your own, just google "make your own light tent" and I'm sure some stuff will come up. I never use a flash either.

My camera is a Canon Powershot SD1000. I've had it for a couple years and I really like it a lot.

That's really the only thing I do.

tojoco
06-06-2009, 08:53 PM
I do the same. I use the macro setting on my Canon PowerShot SD750 and no flash but I don't use a light tent and I don't seem to have any problems. I also use Photoshop to adjust the brightness, to crop and to reduce the size. HTH

dancing queen
06-06-2009, 09:43 PM
okay, "reducing the size" is another question. What size does it have to be? And you're saying I can do that in photoshop?

tojoco
06-06-2009, 09:56 PM
okay, "reducing the size" is another question. What size does it have to be? And you're saying I can do that in photoshop?

I usually resize the card to about 3"x2" in Photoshop.

Far North
06-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Did you see my post yesterday (http://stamp-shack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33542)regarding on use of the "white balance" setting on the camera?

dancing queen
06-07-2009, 12:44 AM
I did see that post about the white balance. thank you. need to go to my manual to see how it works on my camera.

suzi_f
06-07-2009, 08:52 AM
I have a white scrapbook page. It's "hinged" so it's double long (don't know if that makes any sense to anyone -- it's 12" x 24" ). I sit it usually on top of my computer so there is white all around the card/ATC and take the shot there, usually w/o the flash & w/the window to my let open. Doesn't always work perfectly. One of these days, I'm going to work on the "white balance" thingie & see if that improves my pics.

scrubbybubbles
06-07-2009, 11:17 AM
This is what my boyfriend made me to use. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I use it all the time and I think it cost all of $5.00. It's made out of Elmers foam board that you can get at an office supply store.

I always use the macro setting on my camera (the tulip symbol) I have a Fuji S 5100. I use the "auto" setting so it automatically focuses, lighting, etc. and I use an inexpensive tripod that my BF picked up at Big Lots. HTH!

Christie
06-07-2009, 12:33 PM
If you go to the gallery and look on the left hand side there is a resizing program you can download to your computer. It's fast and easy and it's the one that I use on all of my photos!!! I sometimes use the macro setting and sometimes I just zoom in!

LadyKat
06-07-2009, 12:52 PM
This is what my boyfriend made me to use. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I use it all the time and I think it cost all of $5.00. It's made out of Elmers foam board that you can get at an office supply store.

I always use the macro setting on my camera (the tulip symbol) I have a Fuji S 5100. I use the "auto" setting so it automatically focuses, lighting, etc. and I use an inexpensive tripod that my BF picked up at Big Lots. HTH!

THIS is FANTASTIC!:wideeyed: I'll have to show my hubby this. I asked him to take the pictures of my samples for me ( for a class I was taking) and you would have thought I had asked him to perform brain surgery on a goldfish in the dark!:mad: What a reaction! And he is an engineer, to boot!:rolleyes:

Maybe , he could handle this, ya think?:nah::skeptical:

dancing queen
06-07-2009, 02:09 PM
omg... that was sooooooooo funny! LOL

suzi_f
06-07-2009, 02:09 PM

This is awesome cool!! Of course, I'd have no where to store it when I WASN'T using it & the cat would think it was his!! LOL