PDA

View Full Version : never say never :)

allinkdup
06-07-2009, 11:20 PM
http://photos-b-0.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4521/88/71/1302641049/n1302641049_30161337_2341005.jpg

I am not a huge animal fan. Not that I hate animals or anything, just never been a huge fan either way :)

Today, Branden (DS #1) talked us in to letting him get a dog.

So now we have a Pug to go along with the cat. Just what I wanted, another mouth to feed, LOL!

Anyone else have a pug? Anything I need to know?

shadoob
06-07-2009, 11:22 PM
I know nothing about pugs but I know all about never saying "never" and about getting your kids a dog when they really want one. Good luck and good for you!

tojoco
06-07-2009, 11:36 PM
I don't know anything about Pugs other then they're cute and I do know a lot about kids suckering you into things. It's happened to me a lot!

allinkdup
06-07-2009, 11:38 PM
I know, kids make you do things all the time, it must be their eyes, right?!?!

teabear
06-08-2009, 01:28 AM
What a cute dog. I just know that between my husband and my son there's always a couple of dogs living here. I love the dogs, but they are messy and hungry.

Nancy
06-08-2009, 08:58 AM
I also own a cute dog that seemed to be housetrained and NOW doesnt know the meaning of it. He has mostly gone to one section of the yard. Now it can be anywhere at any time in or out. Any suggestions would be listened to. I am at the point to get rid of him. - Nancy

shadoob
06-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Awna, your dog is darling (How did Imiss the picture last night??) and mom, don't get rid of your dog--you'd miss him. maybe someone here can help you re-house train your dog!

inkinupstamps
06-08-2009, 10:50 AM
He's adorable! What is his name?

Pugs are known to be even tempered and great house dogs!! About all I know about things to watch for, though, with regard to health issues is due to their short muzzles they can be prone to breathing problems, allergies and can catch cold easily.

He's a sweetie! Show us more photos! I'm an animal lover and can never get enough of seeing everyone's pets.

inkinupstamps
06-08-2009, 10:52 AM
I also own a cute dog that seemed to be housetrained and NOW doesnt know the meaning of it. He has mostly gone to one section of the yard. Now it can be anywhere at any time in or out. Any suggestions would be listened to. I am at the point to get rid of him. - Nancy

Nancy, if your dog was housetrained in the past, most likely there is a medical cause for his incontinence in the house. You'd be wise to get him checked out by the vet to see if their he has a UTI or some other cause.

cindi
06-08-2009, 10:56 AM
whta a cutie!!! what is his/her name?? I'm sure you will fall in love and wonder why you didn';t get one sooner.
:)

Nancy
06-08-2009, 11:00 AM
He has been to the vet and checked, Vet says he is not getting the attention he wants, He listens to everything, does tricks, comes when called and more of that training. Just throwing in a stubborn streak on this, so he is limited to space now --and again and will remain on this regiment again. It is most aggravating. - Nancy

mydogstinks2
06-08-2009, 11:04 AM
very cute!! My Niece in Oregon has a pug named "payday"

Christie
06-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Pugs and Boston Terrier's have the same problem....breathing. because of their short snout they get over heated very easily. They can't be outside dogs escpically in the summer time. We had a friend who her pug had a heat stroke and died. That's about the only thing I know about pugs. Oh, you have to watch out for infections where their little tail meets their back. Jiggs has that problem too. Just keep it clean and dry! He is super cute, I've always wanted a pug!

allinkdup
06-08-2009, 01:16 PM
well, the guy named him Luigi, we have been calling him Lou. The kids want to change his name. He is 10 mos old. Can you change a dogs name at that age?

Yeah, I am so experienced with animals, LOL!

inkinupstamps
06-08-2009, 01:26 PM
I like Luigi! That's cute, but sure you can change his name. Decide on a name and begin immediately and use it just like you would introduce any new pup to their name. It should only be said for praise and happy times. If "Lou" (insert new name) piddles on the floor you wouldn't want to say his name then or at any time you aren't happy with him. Just use lots of positive reinforcement and repetition. If you sound happy when you say it then he'll love his name. Just don't switch back and forth from the old to the new.

directmailscrapper
06-08-2009, 10:23 PM
He's a cutie! Better you than me!! TEE HEE!

Paula Carden
06-09-2009, 07:02 AM
Awna he/she is precious!! Tell us more-name, age etc??
Does he sleep with your son-