PDA

View Full Version : Hemming curtains

Christie
06-10-2009, 04:30 PM
OH I knew I would hate it!!! I was given some lace curtains about a year ago. I hung them up and they were way too long and needed the gathering at the top fixed. Well I have had them hanging looking so sad for over a year now. I decided today to fix them. I have NO clue at all what I'm doing. I got them finished and they look ok but I'm sure there was an easier way and if I had taken them to someone they would of looked way better!

TiikkiStars
06-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Well, at least I'm sure you learned something along the way, it was much cheaper than paying someone to do it for you, and now, hopefully, they are "looking so sad" anymore!! :> I'm kinda in that boat with stripping the wallpaper in my hall bath right now. After I started taking some of it down, I realized that its just that nasty spray texture underneath (no primer, no paint), so I can't use many of the wallpaper stripping conventional methods......but I'll bet there is a better way to do it than how I am! Good for you for trying to do it and completing it yourself, Christie! :>

:> Karen

cindi
06-10-2009, 05:40 PM
ha! sounds like we both had a fun day! NOT
at least they are done
:)

mydogstinks2
06-10-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm sure they look great!!

teabear
06-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Did you iron them really good after you fixed them? That's the biggest key to a nice finish. Lots of non-sewing folks don't know that. Wish I was closer to help you out with it.

Christie
06-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Did you iron them really good after you fixed them? That's the biggest key to a nice finish. Lots of non-sewing folks don't know that. Wish I was closer to help you out with it.

I know your suppose to but they are lace so I didn't iron them.