PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for recipes or ideas for food for the boat

cindi
06-11-2009, 07:43 PM
which means I don't want a lot of stuff with mayo, we have an ice box but in the heat of summer and sometimes long days on the boat I don't like to risk it.
Usually I bring ham & cheese sandwiches, fruit, and hummus & crackers, but I'd love some new ideas, I'm just thrilled we are in the water this year, and am looking to make the best of it!
any help out there?
:)

tojoco
06-11-2009, 08:23 PM
How about PB&J sandwiches, cold fried chicken pieces, pickles, boiled eggs, peanuts, pretzels, granola bars . . . just to name a few right off the top of my head.

cindi
06-11-2009, 08:31 PM
How about PB&J sandwiches, cold fried chicken pieces, pickles, boiled eggs, peanuts, pretzels, granola bars . . . just to name a few right off the top of my head.

great ideas! maybe I can leave few of those things right on the boat.
:)

mahodgman
06-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Boater's ceasar salad, that's what I call it anyway. Do you have Albertsons grocery stores? I love thier fried chicken in the deli. Buy the bag of ceasar salad that has all the fixin's in the bag (cheese, croutons and dressing) get a couple of fried chicken breasts from the deli, and then you mix it all together out on the water.

Another idea is to slice cheese, pepperoni and apples before you go and eat the meat & cheese on Ritz crackers with apple slices...yummy lunch!

Fruit salad should keep pretty well too as long as it is out of the sun. Hummas with those pretzel stick things are really good too. They are like hard breadsticks, so you can scoop up some hummas with them and maybe some carrot & celery sticks too. I also love celery with peanutbutter.

TiikkiStars
06-12-2009, 01:02 AM
Hmmm...no recipes to share...right now...I'll have to think about that. But.....oooooo.......summer days out on the water, now that's something I don't have to think about, but I'll spend a bit there with you.......in my daydreams! :>:>

:> Karen

mydogstinks2
06-12-2009, 07:13 AM
When we would go to the lake for the day we had a smaller sized cooler that we lined with foil. This is what we kept our hot food in. Sometimes we took Chicken or burritos. One time we put taco meat in it then had all the other stuff for tacos cut up and ready to go.

Fruit is always a good choice too!!