PDA

View Full Version : Question for our Aussie ladies

Vintagegal
06-13-2009, 10:27 PM
If you had a choice to send someone for a vacation, would you choose Cairns over Brisbane, or vice versa?

loobylou
06-14-2009, 06:28 AM
I absolutely love Cairns,We had a week there 2 years ago around the end of March and at the time I felt i could come back to live there. Very tropical, great markets and day tours, not too fast paced, lovely scenery but it is not a "big City" like Brisbane.
I spent 2 days in Brisbane at the beginning of December and I didn't love it- hated the traffic and didn't find much to do in the City itself.BUT, it was a good stopover point for our trip to the Gold Coast. We went from Brisbane up to Australia Zoo for the day, then down to the Gold Coast for 9 days. enjoyed the theme parks, beaches, shopping and markets on the Gold Coast.

My3Ds
06-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Ethel - are you planning on sending me on a vacation to Australia? I'm floored. I'll go wherever you send me, but make sure it's the place with the least amount of snakes. ;)

I don't think either of these places qualifies as somewhere with the least amount of snakes, sorry G!