PDA

View Full Version : Embossing to de-emboss

ctinyjoy
06-28-2009, 08:11 PM
I saw this technique done yesterday at Stampfest in Orlando. You run a piece of cardstock through the cuttlebug with an embossing folder. Then run the same piece of cardstock through using a second folder. Make this folder go through at least 4 times to have it really POP up. The second folder will de-emboss the first one so it is just a flat background but the image is still there. You can see a my sample card (http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=22846&ppuser=31) in my gallery. Now to think of some other cool combinations. TFL

teabear
06-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Very cool, Cheri. Did you have a grand time? Stampfest sounds like so much fun.

maxiesmom
06-28-2009, 08:21 PM
This was actually a technique Junkies technique in the last issue of the newsletter. I have seen some great cards done with it! Love your card, Cheri! Colors are fabulous!

ctinyjoy
06-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Very cool, Cheri. Did you have a grand time? Stampfest sounds like so much fun.

It was fun although the a/c wasn't working the best and many people were having to go sit in the lobby to cool down. I think there were a few less vendors (MFT and Rubbernecker weren't there :nah:

I picked up a few UM stamps by Tim Holtz and a couple of Spellbinders dies. I did very well at staying within my budget. I am saving up for CHA next month :)

teabear
06-28-2009, 08:59 PM
That sounds wonderful! Glad you had fun. I imagine it's wicked hot there right now.

cindi
06-28-2009, 09:00 PM
LOVE THIS TECHNIQUE! YOUR CARD IS FAB
:)
oops..sorry, caps

Paula Carden
06-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Cool Technique!

I would love to go to the CHA. I will be in Orlando for work earlier that week- I wish it were earlier in the week instead of Friday and Sat. I think I will be there Tues and Wed maybe- I will have to check out the dates again.

Christie
06-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Pretty cool!! Thanks for the tip, I'm going to have to give it a try.

Far North
06-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Cheri--what a great technique! I have used 2 embossing folders but didn't realize the extra passes would make for a better pop effect. Thanks for sharing!

Oh lucky you going to CHA!