PDA

View Full Version : Lotsa swap questions

inkinupstamps
06-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Since it has been a couple years since I've swapped I have a few questions that I hope can be answered.

1.) In past years the flood person was announced weekly. I see that that has changed now. How does one go about joining in on the flood RAK?

2.) Ok. OK. I have joined a couple of ATC swaps. I'm not sure why I did because I've never been fond of ATC's but I guess if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em! :jiggy: :biglaugh: My question about ATC swaps is a two part question:
A. do all hostess require specific info on the back of the ATC?
B. approximately how much U.S. return postage will I expect it to be for ATC's traveling from the U.S. to Canada? Same question for cards too if you happen to know a ball park amount.

3.) I'm still trying to figure out how to add my address to my profile. If it is there and you can see it, then that's great. But when I look I don't see my mailing address so I was wondering how to add it.

I'll get started on these dad-gummed ATC's now. I just know that despite my kicking and screaming about these dad-gummed little things, I am going to get hooked on the dad-gummed ATC's and have even more stuff I collect!:goofy:

GrammaStamper
06-29-2009, 10:31 AM
I can help with some of the questions.

There is a template for ATC backs in the Templates section. Sherry made them and they are .doc files and can be downloaded and you just fill in the information. Very easy. Here's the link (http://stamp-shack.com/forum/local_links.php?catid=40).

I usually send $2.00 US with my swaps and most times get back a few stamps. It's around $1.40 - $1.60 for ATCs. Great deal IMO.

To add your address go to User CP at the top of the page. On the left column you will find "Edit Details". Click there and scroll down to the bottom of the page and add your addy.

Hope these help, Jennifer. Oh, and you'll start to love ATCs, it took me a while but I'm okay with them now.

inkinupstamps
06-29-2009, 10:37 AM
I usually send $2.00 US with my swaps and most times get back a few stamps. It's around $1.40 - $1.60 for ATCs. Great deal IMO.

Hope these help, Jennifer. Oh, and you'll start to love ATCs, it took me a while but I'm okay with them now.

Barb, do you send $2 US cash or do you send $2 worth of U.S. stamps?

shuggy
06-29-2009, 10:54 AM
i've seen atcs with various info on the back. some use the template, some just put their name. i like seeing the info and when a person has named their atcs. but i don't know if there is a rule to this or not.

and like barb said. once you start making them and getting some swaps back, you'll love them!

GrammaStamper
06-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Barb, do you send $2 US cash or do you send $2 worth of U.S. stamps?

I usually send $2 US cash and I'm gradually building up my US stamps when I get the "change".

inkinupstamps
06-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Thanks so much for your help ladies!

MidwestStamper
06-29-2009, 12:10 PM
I would contact Sherri/iloveflipflops about joining the 2009 FLOOD Swap--since she's the Hostess

iloveflipflops
06-29-2009, 12:51 PM
I am the hostess of the flood swap and I draw 2 names a month. If you want to be added, I can just open a space or two up just let me know.

I usually draw around the 25th of each month and i am late for this month but with Em's birthday, a housefull today at the pool, i hopefully can draw the names later today.

jjtucker
06-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Ok, I'll bite as the newbie here: what's a flood swap?
Thanks,

workin4stamps
06-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Jennifer----

I can't answer your questions about the Flood swap at all......

I just stamp the back of my ATC's with my regular hand stamped stamp that has my full name on it.

Usually, $1.39 is the amount of postage that an ATC swap requires. As a US hostess, I never mind getting $2 in the package, and I'll gladly give back US stamps in change.

:-)

inkinupstamps
06-29-2009, 03:51 PM
Jennifer----

I can't answer your questions about the Flood swap at all......

I just stamp the back of my ATC's with my regular hand stamped stamp that has my full name on it.

Usually, $1.39 is the amount of postage that an ATC swap requires. As a US hostess, I never mind getting $2 in the package, and I'll gladly give back US stamps in change.

:-)

That's fantastic, Traci! It is a good way for me, then, to build up a bit of U.S. postage.

MidwestStamper
06-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Ok, I'll bite as the newbie here: what's a flood swap?
Thanks,

The actual 2009 FLOOD SWAP is located at the end of the list of FULL SWAPS, so that's why you don't see it on the regular Swap Page. Here's the link for the Swap description, if you want to read up on it: http://stamp-shack.com/swap/swapdetails.php?swapid=707

The idea is that each month, two people from the Swap are selected and they are 'flooded' with cards for that month.

loobylou
06-29-2009, 10:58 PM
Jennifer, I live in Australia and I build up my US/Canadian/UK postage supplies by hosting a few swaps a year myself. I ask for loose postage of the swappers own country to be sent to me, and I exchange it for Aussie postage stamps which I stick on the envys to send the swaps home. I ask for equivalent to US$2 for ATC swaps as that is equal to what it costs me to send back the international swaps..