PDA

View Full Version : stamp storage

shuggy
06-29-2009, 02:28 PM
i'm trying to figure a better way to organize things (patty's post reminded me!). i've figured out a good way for my unmounted stamps. what does everyone do for their wood mounted stamps that are single and not in a set like stampin up stamps? for example amuse stamps or $1 stamps?

Christie
06-29-2009, 02:29 PM
I use a shoe bag that you hang on a door. It holds tons of stamps!!!

mydogstinks2
06-29-2009, 02:35 PM
I have most of mine standing on shelves. Some are in shoe boxes too.

teabear
06-29-2009, 02:38 PM
I have a wall of skinny Ikea shelves with a lip on them above my stamp table. I keep them loosely sorted by the categories that make sense to me. All my PSX botanicals, then my Magenta stamps, then other florals, then greenery and trees, etc.

directmailscrapper
06-29-2009, 07:21 PM
I have a couple of Iris carts stacked up with the transparent containers. Each container holds 2 layers of stamps -- then I have them organized by category -- like Christmas, Halloween, animals, florals, etc. For my teeny stamps, like smaller sentiments, Lockhart stamps, etc, I found these acrylic boxes at the Container Store -- and they fit 2 across in my storage area. If you want, I can take a picture. PM me. I still don't like any of my unmounted solutions yet! And I think I've tried them all!

GSMom385
06-29-2009, 07:30 PM
I have shelves which are full and running over, and then the over flow I have been buying those thicker plastic storage containers you can get at archivers. I don't recall who makes them but I can look the next time I pick up a few.

dancing queen
06-29-2009, 08:15 PM
I had mine in 2 cardboard stacks of 6 drawers each that were like pizza box bottoms. Then I put them all up on the wall on shelves made especially for mounted stamps. What a difference that made... I use more of my stamps a lot more often because I can see them and I think that made a world of difference to my stamping.

LadyKat
06-30-2009, 12:09 AM
I use those photo storage boxes they sell in Michaels and ACMoore for all my unmounteds. Each box is labeled with the name of the Manufacturer or Character. Each box has several companies/characters listed on the front, like Riley, Whipper Snapper and Alotarubberstamps. Then the UM's are in zip lock bags with the company/charcter name written on ithe bag.

I use the same system for the SU! sets which I also unmounted but those photo boxes are labeled according to a category like Fall, Backgrounds, Christmas, Nature, Words, etc. Then each set is in a zip lock bag. Inside the bag, I put the stamps and a paper with the name of the set, how many pieces, and each image of the set stamped on it.

It took a while to get it all done last summer but it was well worth the time and effort. Now I can find all those SU! sets when I want one.:D

teabear
06-30-2009, 12:31 AM
... Then I put them all up on the wall on shelves made especially for mounted stamps. What a difference that made... I use more of my stamps a lot more often because I can see them and I think that made a world of difference to my stamping.

I'm with you here, Betty. I use the stamps on my wall so much more than the unmounteds. I think being able to see them is so inspiring.

Kreative Dryve
06-30-2009, 05:01 PM
my wood mounted singles are in one of those large three drawer rubbermaid containers from wally-world.

ellie
06-30-2009, 07:01 PM
I store my wood mounted stamps in photo boxes. I have a box (or more) for each catagory....flowers, people...etc. I keep my unmounteds in cd cases.

iloveflipflops
06-30-2009, 07:56 PM
My mounted stamps are in iris carts and my unmounted are in cd cases.

I always keep my SU sets together as a set. I cannot break them up

mcourtney
06-30-2009, 08:15 PM
3 Isis carts and an old "behind the door" video wire rack that I just hung on the wall.