PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Cindi, Did you see the blue sky???

Mrs. Fence
06-30-2009, 01:48 PM
We actually had some blue sky this afternoon! I ran outside and took a picture. LOL

I also found this little baby grackle who fell out of his nest. Isn't he cute???

cindi
06-30-2009, 01:55 PM
YES!!!!
oh my..glorious blue sky!!!
don't blink though.
:)

Mrs. Fence
06-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Hee hee...why do you think I took the pic?????

cindi
06-30-2009, 01:56 PM
oh ya, I was so excited I forgot to say what great pics, that lil birdy is way cute

Mrs. Fence
06-30-2009, 02:00 PM
I thought they'd be a good reminder during the dreary days...it can't rain forever!

cindi
06-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Tracey, that sky pic would make an awesome background to stamp a saying on for a card front

Mrs. Fence
06-30-2009, 02:01 PM
Tracey, that sky pic would make an awesome background to stamp a saying on for a card front

Good idea! I'll have to print it out!

cindi
06-30-2009, 02:01 PM
I hope I don't jinx it, but I gotta walk to the store..lets hope it stays dry

Mrs. Fence
06-30-2009, 02:10 PM
I'd run, if I were you! It's looking dark and gloomy already!

CharityHand
06-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Is it just me, or is that hole in the clouds shaped like Texas? Great pics.

Christie
06-30-2009, 02:36 PM

LOL!! It is a little!! That is a cute little bird but I feel sorry for it. Just don't touch it or the mommy won't have anything to do with it.

mydogstinks2
06-30-2009, 02:43 PM
LOL you guys crack me up!

Mrs. Fence
06-30-2009, 02:53 PM

I think you are right! I'll have to thank my buddy, Lewis, in Texas. He asked me to send him some rain, and it rained today - but I scolded him for not sending sunshine! Guess he sent it Texas style!!! :biglaugh:

suzi_f
06-30-2009, 03:04 PM
LOL!! Just don't touch it or the mommy won't have anything to do with it.

I heard that was just a wives' tale. Anyone know if it's really true?? I heard it all my life but now, it makes sense that mom's just told thier kids that so we wouldn't touch animals w/who knows what kinds of germs.

LOVE both the pics!!

Mrs. Fence
06-30-2009, 03:10 PM
I think it's an old wives tale. The kids were feeding it grubs and the momma came and fed it worms. The nest was so high up in the tree that we couldn't reach it, so we just had to leave the little guy under the tree. I think I'll go check on it again and see how it's doing - but I won't get too close, just in case!

cindi
06-30-2009, 03:26 PM
hey that cloud is a bit like Texas..maybe this will be an omen and Christie will finally get some rain! We have had rain 24 out of the last 28 days, it stinks!
oh ya, I made to teh store & back!
:P

LadyKat
06-30-2009, 03:54 PM
You have a lot of rain in Maine, too? I thought it was just us in northern NJ/NYC area. I'll wave from our ark as I see you floating by!:laugh:

Some summer, huh?:(

LadyKat
06-30-2009, 03:58 PM
:shocked: I just went back for a second look at that picture. It DOES look like Texas! WOW! Of course someone from Texas would notice that right away.:laugh:

cindi
06-30-2009, 03:59 PM
You have a lot of rain in Maine, too? I thought it was just us in northern NJ/NYC area. I'll wave from our ark as I see you floating by!:laugh:

Some summer, huh?:(

Our ark is is launched in the river, we have had to go over almost daily and bail out the dingy!!
crazy I say!
:skeptical:

Christie
06-30-2009, 04:00 PM
hey that cloud is a bit like Texas..maybe this will be an omen and Christie will finally get some rain! We have had rain 24 out of the last 28 days, it stinks!
oh ya, I made to teh store & back!
:P

We did!!!! Your rain dance worked Cindi!!! It rained last night and this afternoon!!! WHoo-hoo!!!!!!!

mydogstinks2
06-30-2009, 06:35 PM
I heard that was just a wives' tale. Anyone know if it's really true?? I heard it all my life but now, it makes sense that mom's just told thier kids that so we wouldn't touch animals w/who knows what kinds of germs.

LOVE both the pics!!

I do know that it is true for most animals. When i worked at the farm we had school field trips out there in the fall. The kids always got a kick out of petting the baby bunnies. After the kids would pet the bunnies I had to rub the bunnies all over with my hands. The mommy bunnies were used to my smell. If I didn't "rub down" the bunnies the mommys would have nothing to do with them.