PDA

View Full Version : Month from today we leave for Colorado!

maxiesmom
06-30-2009, 08:23 PM
We're taking our nephews on our annual vacation, this year to Vail Colorado since there was a time share available and we have extra time off this year. I'm looking forward to this, I have never driven past Missouri(well we flew in and drove around!)
Trying to figure our where to stay on the way there, Omaha or Council Bluffs area. I was hoping to get a suite, it's so confusing online, especially when you don't know the area. Anyone been around there, any pointers?
And for Colorado for that matter. David wants to do a steam locomotive and we want to see the Air Force Academy. Gosh there is so much to see, the state guide was like a catalog!

ellie
06-30-2009, 08:32 PM
It is so beautiful there I think anything you see will be worth it! If you are a nature lover, you can see Estes Park...the views are amazing.

logcabincreations
07-01-2009, 07:57 AM
Sounds like an awesome vacation, and I bet your nephews will love the train and the AFA. When do you leave?

maxiesmom
07-01-2009, 07:57 AM
Estes Park was one of our options, either the unit size or the week available was better for Vail. I have too many choices of stuff to do!

mahodgman
07-01-2009, 08:14 AM
Hey, I'm going to CO this year too. My folks live in Aurora. We are driving too, leaving here around July 25th. I've only been there once, so I don't know what there is to do. I don't really want to go to Pikes Peak because of the altitude, but I understand it is beautiful. We will probably just hang out with the folks mostly.

Spartymom
07-01-2009, 08:27 AM
you're going to have a great time. If you go to the air force (COlo. Springs), you could stay at Manitou springs where the Garden of the Gods is. Thats a wonderful place too. I lived in CO for about 20 years.(My school years.)..

inkinupstamps
07-01-2009, 08:33 AM
Kathy you'll absolutely love Vail! I drove out from Indiana to Vail exactly 10 years ago at this very time. Sorry, but I hated Missouri - BORING (zero topography/scenery) with the exception of St. Louis.

However, Vail....oh my. When you suddenly start to see the Rockies on the horizon and then BAM you are in the mountains. Breathtaking! We did a lot of hiking and mountain biking and golf and sight seeing. Shopping was fun (though too expensive to purchase, nevertheless, fun to look). You will have a wonderful time and your nephews will never forget it. So much to do...or not do. Just relax and enjoy the beauty! I remember that even going to the grocery store was exciting just because the scenery surrounding the area was gorgeous. Everywhere you look your breath is taken away.

teabear
07-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Colorado is a beautiful state with so much to see. Enjoy it all!

maxiesmom
07-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Sounds like an awesome vacation, and I bet your nephews will love the train and the AFA. When do you leave?

We leave VERY early on July 30 and we check in on the 31st. I have decided to overnight in Omaha NE, Suzi gave me some leads on hotels, preferably we can get a suite. After all those hours in the car we will need some space! Two of them are short and quite stocky and the other is tall and lean.

SIL gave me the idea of a minor league baseball game, that is supposed to be a good family activity/value when travelling. Have to see where the team is located, don't want to do too too much driving once we're there.

workin4stamps
07-01-2009, 06:10 PM
sounds like a good time!!!!! I would love to visit Colorado!!

scraphappy908
07-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Sounds like a wonderful vacation! I wish I was a little mouse and you could drop me off in Aurora, Colorado so I can see my brother!
I'm sure you will have a great time. I am sooooo envious!

kimmyqtgirl
07-01-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm so jealous;) have a wonderful time and you better take tons of pictures. I want a slide show when you get back -ha ha ha. I am dying to travel to the west side of the country. Can't wait to hear all about it. Those are some lucky boys !!!