PDA

View Full Version : No more Slim Jims???

GotCats?
07-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Ok, so this is a crazy post, but I am sitting here at the computer with the news on. They said there was a "freak accident" at the Slim Jim plant and 3 employees were KILLED! YIKES! So they've halted production. I couldn't tell if they said it would NOT be starting up again, or it would just take a while?? They said they expected people to start hoarding them! if you or your kids like Slim Jims, better get them now!

I remember eating those when I was a kid!
Scary freaky about the accident, though.

cindi
07-02-2009, 07:42 PM
how sad!! those poor familes. I guess we will have to watch the news to see what happened. Can you imagine your loved one leaving for work and never coming home> very sad, indeed
:sad:

GotCats?
07-02-2009, 08:29 PM
how sad!! those poor familes. I guess we will have to watch the news to see what happened. Can you imagine your loved one leaving for work and never coming home> very sad, indeed
:sad:

I know! I've worked in loads if different manufacturing facilities. They are dangerous places. One place it was routine for fires to happen in one dept. And that place was LOADED with flammable chemicals. So this is really scary. Worst I've seen was one guy getting cracked in the forehead and getting knocked out and needing stitches.......And imagine the other poor workers there that probably saw it!

cindi
07-02-2009, 08:38 PM
ya, I know factories can be dangerous. I'm saying a prayer for those poor families. I hope they get the plant to a safe standard and not just continue on as if nothing happened.

CharityHand
07-02-2009, 08:41 PM
That happened a few weeks ago somewhere in NC. There's no telling what kinds of flammable materials they put into slim jims, but they sure are good! I haven't eaten one in years. We haven't even introduced them to our kids, but I'm sure my son would love them.

GSMom385
07-02-2009, 11:35 PM
They have put out a notice to the grocery stores that they will be starting production again in August. So slim jims aren't going away for good, just out of business for a bit. It is very sad about the workers.

stampinmom3
07-03-2009, 06:44 AM
I think they are disgusting greasy tubes, but eveyone else in my family goes nuts for them!

loobylou
07-03-2009, 07:38 AM
Ok I will bite- what are "Slim Jim's?"

logcabincreations
07-03-2009, 08:49 AM
Ok I will bite- what are "Slim Jim's?"

It's a meat stick that sort of tastes like pepperoni...but they are greasy *ick

loobylou
07-03-2009, 09:32 AM
we call them "twiggy sticks"

Erin K
07-03-2009, 09:37 AM
yeah they are the same as twiggy sticks, just Slim Jim is the biggest brand for them here.

What a sad thing to happen though. I mean sad for the people, the world can live without slim jims for a few months.