PDA

View Full Version : IE 8 users

Christie
07-06-2009, 12:36 PM
For those of you who are using internet explorer 8 are you finding that things are slow!! Every since I downloaded the new version it seems that things are slow going.

IMBlessed5
07-06-2009, 01:03 PM
It seemed to bog down when I first started using it. Like it would take several seconds for a site to come up, but once it was up it was fine until I moved on to a different site. But now it's fine! I don't know why that is, but it seemed to "come out of it". But I just move over to Firefox when IE is giving me fits.

Artyfarty
07-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Im having probs with IE8 too...wont open pages etc , slow, its a nightmare...sorry I dont like it so far and wish I never had it installed. Hope it gets better or IE7 will be re installed .

suzi_f
07-06-2009, 01:20 PM
I purposely didn't download it 'cause I know there will bugs & I don't have the patience for them right now!! I'll try it later, when it's all better!!

Christie
07-06-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm glad to hear it's not just me!!!!

CharityHand
07-06-2009, 02:48 PM
I purposely didn't download it 'cause I know there will bugs & I don't have the patience for them right now!! I'll try it later, when it's all better!!

I agree! I haven't downloaded it yet either.

IMBlessed5
07-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Mine's totally fine now. In fact, for some reason, my Firefox doesn't like it when I play Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook. It just closes on me! So I HAVE to use IE8 when I'm going to do that. I don't want to hijack this thread, but anyone else have problems with Firefox and Facebook games?

1of2shoes
07-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Since I've downloaded IE8 I can't bring up my own blog from my laptop. If I go to the desktop computer (which has IE7) it works fine. It's just strange.

workin4stamps
07-06-2009, 09:58 PM
I've been having a lot of problems with IE8 too!!! It's driving me nuts!

TiikkiStars
07-06-2009, 10:05 PM
DH updated to IE8 on the desktop computer, but I haven't yet because the darn thing is driving me nuts when I use that computer. It isn't nearly as slow as it was. Also, for the week following Michael Jackson's death (and so many other celebrities at the same time), the whole internet was slower....on either version. I'm hoping they get the bugs worked out really soon! :>

:> Karen