PDA

View Full Version : I'm trying to figure out this message board thing

suzi_f
10-22-2006, 01:56 PM
For some reason, I can not post on the "how do I" board so, I thought maybe it would qualify for here.

I think I may have figured this out. If I go to forums the "orange" flowers have messages I haven't seen, right? When I go into that board, the titles that are in bold contain messages I haven't read. I just discoverd the "go to first unread" button. I guess what I'm asking is "is this all about me?" Based solely on what I've read & seen? I don't know why I'm having such problems with this. I think what's confusing me is that it doesn't seem to be as busy here as "other places" and I think I'm missing messages somewhere.

When I start at the "home" page, if I click on any of the "new threads" and click "next", it doesn't necessarily take me to the next new thread, it takes me to the next thread in that particular forum, right??

Sorry to be such a novice w/all this. This is why I never made it at 2Ps.

Suzi

lost luggage
10-22-2006, 03:57 PM
Hi Suzi :)

The flowers are confusing to me...so, when I log in, I click on the link at the top that says NEW POSTS. That's how I keep up with what it going on. :)
HTH,
Julie

iloveflipflops
10-22-2006, 03:59 PM
for me. I swear I can't do some things that others can do. Like I can't figure out how to get a private message or even send a private message but that's ok, I just post it here or email them and so far, so good.

MidwestStamper
10-22-2006, 05:24 PM
I also usually click on NEW POSTS beacause that has all the latest posts listed.

But, if it's been quite awhile since you were last on, then you probably want to go FORUMS and see the whole list of choices. As you click on each category there, it will show all of the posts, and you can look to see what all you've missed while you've been gone.

Maybe there's an even easier way, but this is how I do it. It does feel like I have to work alot harder to see everything than at PCMB, because there are so many more areas and categories to post under!

Sherry
10-22-2006, 05:35 PM
for me. I swear I can't do some things that others can do. Like I can't figure out how to get a private message or even send a private message but that's ok, I just post it here or email them and so far, so good.

Sherri,

Maybe we should delete your account and have you register again. Something seems really odd where your account is concerned. I see absolutely nothing wrong with your settings on my end - they are the same as everyone elses. I am totally stumped on this. :confused:

Sherry

Sherry
10-22-2006, 05:43 PM
For some reason, I can not post on the "how do I" board so, I thought maybe it would qualify for here.

I think I may have figured this out. If I go to forums the "orange" flowers have messages I haven't seen, right? When I go into that board, the titles that are in bold contain messages I haven't read. I just discoverd the "go to first unread" button. I guess what I'm asking is "is this all about me?" Based solely on what I've read & seen? I don't know why I'm having such problems with this. I think what's confusing me is that it doesn't seem to be as busy here as "other places" and I think I'm missing messages somewhere.

When I start at the "home" page, if I click on any of the "new threads" and click "next", it doesn't necessarily take me to the next new thread, it takes me to the next thread in that particular forum, right??

Sorry to be such a novice w/all this. This is why I never made it at 2Ps.

Suzi

Hi Suzi,

Nobody can post a message within the "How Do I" thread. I wanted to keep this thread as clean as possible so it is easy for new users to find the information they are looking for. If you have a particular question that you want to ask, it should be posted in the "Troubleshooting" forum. I always check that forum first so that I can help users sort out their problems.

If you see bright orange flowers beside a forum, it means that there are new messages within that forum that YOU have not read. A light flower means the thread has been read. And yes, the information you see is in regards to your account only.

Hope this has answered your questions :D

Sherry

suzi_f
10-22-2006, 07:12 PM
I think I have it now & I think I just might be able to handle this! I resist change so, I've not embraced any new message board. Now that I have tried it, I just might like it :)

Suzi