PDA

View Full Version : Need inspirational words for cookbook

MerryMimi
07-09-2009, 07:12 PM
I'm making a 6x6 recipe album for my niece's shower. i made a page to dedicate it to her and I was wondering if anyone had a saying or wise words to put on there. Know of a site where something like this could be found? Thanks for looking.

CharityHand
07-09-2009, 10:42 PM
I'm assuming this is for a wedding shower. This is a tough one, but maybe something about how the food of the soul is love.

teabear
07-10-2009, 02:28 AM
These are in a cookbook my friend made:

"You can't do any better in this life than to put something delicious in a friend's mouth." ~Jack Butler

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food." ~George Bernard Shaw

"If people take the trouble to cook, you should take the trouble to eat." ~Robert Morley

"I don't like gourmet cooking or this cooking or that cooking. I like good cooking." ~James Beard

"Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all." ~Harriet Van Horne

"A house is beautiful not because of its walls, but because of its cakes." ~Old Russian Proverb

Artyfarty
07-10-2009, 04:06 AM
"A house is beautiful not because of its walls, but because of its cakes." ...

my house must be extra beautiful then lol its always full of cakes lol I love this saying...hee hee

loobylou
07-10-2009, 06:31 AM
"the way to a Man's heart is through his stomach"

loon218
07-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Recipe for Happiness

Take 2 heaping cups of patience.
Two hearts full of love.
Two handfuls of generosity.
Dash of laughter.
One head full of understanding.
Sprinkle generously with kindness.
Add plenty of faith and mix well.
Spread over a period of a lifetime.
And serve everybody you meet!

This was in one of the Catholic Daughters cookbooks I have and thought it might be what you were looking for. Janet

MerryMimi
07-11-2009, 12:21 AM
Thanks so much gals!! These are exactly what i was looking for...now which one to choose? I may print many of these on the divider pages. You're the best♥

Far North
07-11-2009, 02:31 AM
"Sweets to the sweet." Wm. Shakespeare

"My garden will never make me famous,
I'm a horticultural ignoramous,
I can't tell a stringbean f ro a soybean,
Or even a girl bean from a boy bean."
Ogden Nash

"God shed His grace on thee." K. Bates

"Eat your vegetables" Love, Mom