PDA

View Full Version : Need some recipes for ground beef

Christie
07-15-2009, 03:41 PM
I pulled out some ground beef for dinner but I don't have a clue as to what to cook. Any ideas???

cindi
07-15-2009, 04:04 PM
shepards pie, taco's, american chop suey, hamburger helper. Any of those sound good?
:)

Christie
07-15-2009, 04:50 PM
what is american chop suey?

maxiesmom
07-15-2009, 04:58 PM
We were going to have taco salad tonight with it, but mom called and wants us to come over for stuffed cabbage.

Sloppy Joes are always good. I also have a recipe that's sort of like a sloppy joe mix with some pork & beans mixed in baked in a casserole and then at the end you put some Hungry Jack biscuits on top to brown. Oh and then cheese on top of them.

cindi
07-15-2009, 05:00 PM
what is american chop suey?

you know, macaroni with canned tomatoes and burger, onions if you want them

Vintagegal
07-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Spaghetti and meatballs, tator-tot casserole, Swedish meatballs......

Traci (workin4stamps) had posted a Taste-of-Home recipe for some awesome mini meatloaves a while back. It requires some oatmeal, ketchup, brown sugar..... It is SUPER tasty!

Kreative Dryve
07-15-2009, 05:17 PM
you know, macaroni with canned tomatoes and burger, onions if you want them

I call that Goolaush (or how ever you spell it) :err:
But it is still good.

I was going to say make mini meat loaves, I always put mine in muffin cups.
Or how about beef stroganoff, when I am needing different ideas I always go to www.allrecipes.com and do the ingredient search, that way I can search for stuff I already have on hand and don't have to make an extra trip to the grocery store.

logcabincreations
07-15-2009, 05:53 PM
1 box of Kraft Mac & Cheese
1 can diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning OR 1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pound ground beef

Cook and drain macaroni. Brown hamburger and drain. Add tomatoes and soup to the burger and simmer. Add package of cheese mix from the mac & cheese box to the burger mixture. Stir in macaroni and WAH-LA! Homemade hamburger helper. You can put it in a lightly greased baking dish, top with shredded cheese and pop in over until cheese melts. We just usually eat it from the pan.

cindi
07-15-2009, 09:21 PM
ok, so I am wondering what you made for supper with your burger?? don't leave us hanging.
lol
:GEEK:

allinkdup
07-16-2009, 12:09 AM
we made spaghetti tonight :)