PDA

View Full Version : Croc lovers - they are going to quit making them

iloveflipflops
07-17-2009, 10:21 AM
If you love your crocs, you better run out and buy them now ...

I heard on the news that they are not selling so they have laid off 2,000 workers and will quit making them so run out and buy them now.

I love my crocs even though I don't wear them all the time. I mostly wear mine when its raining or to work in the yard but I do wear them even though they aren't the prettiest show in the world, they are pretty comfy.

HA HA

I have hot pink, dark brown and bright green. I think I am set :).

Spartymom
07-17-2009, 10:46 AM
I have the generic crocs. Could never really afford the real deal. Maybe they'll be a croc sale.

suzi_f
07-17-2009, 10:47 AM
ACK!!!! I need to go buy every color right now!!!!!!!! I heard last month from an unreliable source that they had filed bankruptcy (not true) but I guess the economy is hurting everyone. Does this mean I have to wear "real" shoes?????

mydogstinks2
07-17-2009, 10:48 AM
mabye they will stop charing so much for them so more people can afford them.

iloveflipflops
07-17-2009, 10:58 AM
I have bought ALL of mine at Costco for $19.99 a pair.

suzi_f
07-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Ok, after my moment of panic, I went to the crocs site (http://www.crocs.com/) and was sent to the Crocs blog (http://blog.crocs.com/2009/07/16/john-duerden-responds/http://). He doesn't deny & doesn't come out & say they will come thru this but, in reading the WSJ article, I'm not sure they will go under. I think the expanded too much & created FAR TOO MANY styles! It looks like the "fad" portion is over but, people like me who LIKE looking like they are wearing shoe boxes on their feet might be enough to keep the company afloat (pun intended & stolen from Crocs. LOL)

Right now, there is a 15% off w/free shipping at their website. I don't quite understand why some of you think they are "too expensive". When I got my first pair, I had to agree that $30 for a pair of plastic shoes was alot. But, a good pair of sneakers is going to cost you ALOT more & even a pair of loafers is more. I still have my first pair and they are in perfect shape (my 2nd pair, however, I wore the treads off. WEIRD). They last forever & are the most COMFORTABLE things I've ever owned!!!

teabear
07-17-2009, 11:14 AM
It's just not a california thing. I can't do it, but I'm glad the business isn't going under. The only place I really see them here is on medical staff and at Disneyland. LOL

iloveflipflops
07-17-2009, 11:29 AM
So are you saying its a rumor?????

GotCats?
07-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Yeah I can't do them either, but I am super happy that a home-growm made int he USA business is not going under (I hope).

I think they are this generation's version of "jellys". Do you remember those? I had those when I was a kid. Dunno why--super uncomfy and sweaty and really easy to slip in.

suzi_f
07-17-2009, 02:03 PM
So are you saying its a rumor?????

That they are going under is a rumor, for now. Who knows. The economy is REALLY scaring me!!! I hope they hold it together 'cause I know that "real" shoes will kill me.

allinkdup
07-17-2009, 09:44 PM
I always swore I would never wear them and thought they were ugly...then I bought a pair at Ollie's for $9.99. (yep, under $10!)

I love them but because my left foot swells so bad (due to that botched surgery) they are the only thing that I can wear day to day without major issues.

I only wish there were more colors and were cuter.

cindi
07-17-2009, 09:50 PM
I am not a crock wearer, but I'll feel bad for you girls thta are if they go under, and what a bummer for more people to lose thier jobs,,big bummer.
I am a huge fan of clark shoes though, maybe you can give those a try, they are pricey so I watch for sales, but, they are a great quality shoe and last and last, are are super comfy and stylish too
:)

workin4stamps
07-18-2009, 05:16 AM
I don't have regular crocs, but I wear croc sandals all summer. They are cute and SO comfy. I have 5 different pairs I think. I don't care for the look of the regular crocs, but I do love the sandals!!!

loobylou
07-18-2009, 07:34 AM
our business analysts here in Australia have been saying that some companies are "leaking" their own stories about closing down, or stopping production, to cause a market rush on products that people don't want to miss out on. That, in turn, helps the company thru hard economic times, and then the company turns around and says "we've changed our mind due to public support!"

I am NOT saying that is the case with CROCS, but it seems like a pretty good marketing ploy for those who do it.

I hope that people can keep their jobs, and that it is really a rumour. Times are tough everywhere.

maxiesmom
07-18-2009, 08:17 AM
Well for me, I'm not paying 30+ dollars for a pair of shoes that has holes in them and if I get caught in the rain or walking on wet grass my feet will get wet. Give me my Skechers any day. My mom wears Crocs, her feet smell and yes they do look like you're wearing shoeboxes!

Paula Carden
07-18-2009, 08:52 AM
I have a couple of pairs, they are comfy- mostly wear around the house and out in the yard-sometimes to the store. Mine are pretty old-got them when they first hit the market at Dicks. I see a lot of people wearing them at the health dept tho. I would not mind to have a new pair.

inkinupstamps
07-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Well for me, I'm not paying 30+ dollars for a pair of shoes that has holes in them and if I get caught in the rain or walking on wet grass my feet will get wet. Give me my Skechers any day. My mom wears Crocs, her feet smell and yes they do look like you're wearing shoeboxes!

Kathy, I agree with you completely! :)

logcabincreations
07-18-2009, 05:58 PM
I don't own any myself since I have never found them attractive or practical. Plus I have high arches and need shoes with good arch support.

allinkdup
07-19-2009, 05:23 PM
I found some new ones at Ollie's when I was out and about yest. and got a couple different colors for $9 each.

morgainegeiser
07-20-2009, 12:48 AM
There was an article in the Wall Street Journal this week about the croc company. I do believe they plan to keep selling them, according to the article they have a huge backstock of them and they don't wear out real easily, so they aren't selling all that well. But they have a bunch to sell, so maybe they will lower the price. I own one pair, but only wear them in my MI basement (leaky thing) or to garden with.

mjbonoan
07-20-2009, 02:20 AM
You've got to be kidding... I have three pairs in three different styles and colors. I love the "wedge heels" I can wear them all day long! Must go buy more of them!!!

tojoco
07-20-2009, 08:08 AM
I'm with Traci. I never cared for the original crocs but I wear my croc sandals day in and day out.