PDA

View Full Version : It's not as hard as I thought....

Kreative Dryve
01-03-2007, 02:22 PM
as you might know I am trying a liver cleanse, along with my exercise.
You have to mainly eat vegies and fruit for 14 days, and drink a mixture, which they call a shake, but is actually a mix of water, cran juice, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar. Tastes a little tart, and a good tooth cleaning is needed after the mix is drank 3 times a day. But I can say that it is as not as hard to deal with I thought it would be, after 4 days you can add fish and eggs to the diet. I have a friend that tried it and lost 20 lbs.
They say it makes your body turn on the fat for energy, instead of sugar. The natural sugar in the fruit is needed for your brain. So far so good.

The drink mixture is:

8 oz spring water
2 oz unsweetened cranberry juice (no other juice added, no sugar)
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar

if it's too tart:eek: for you add 1/4 cup organic apple juice. drink 3 times daily.

get ready to use the little girls room, and to brush your teeth. The vinegar is the culprit. :swoon:
After the cleanse is over, then you just gradually make heathly choices for your meals. Basic stuff whole grains, fruits and vegies, lean protiens, no msg, no white flour, no refined sugar, no high fructose corn syrup, eliminate the trans fats. All the things we need to do to eat health the rest of our lifes.
And the greatest thing about it, is I get to eat a potato in 12 days! :winks: MJ

inkinupstamps
01-03-2007, 02:28 PM
I have heard of people doing a "cleanse" before but I was under the impression that you drank someone's chemically made up magic mix. So you are mixing your own from these ingredients, correct?

Where did you find the information? This is fascinating!

Keep us posted!

Erin K
01-03-2007, 02:30 PM
My brother in law did one where for 10 whole days he could only drink water, lemon juice and grade B maple syrup. That's IT, no food or anything. So I'm glad yours has more stuff in it!

Kreative Dryve
01-03-2007, 02:38 PM
www.bergdiets.com

It is made from your own ingredients that you buy. So no mix or pills to buy, he does have two different vitamins he wants you to buy, buy says they are optional, and my friend didn't take them.
Look for the link to his liver cleanse. Hope that helps. MJ

Kreative Dryve
01-03-2007, 02:41 PM
on that site, look for the link that says product, it will take your to the health and wellness site and the liver cleanse program in pdf format so you can print it out. MJ