PDA

View Full Version : CHA Craft Super Show

Erin K
08-02-2009, 01:21 PM
So I went yesterday with my friend Roniece to the CHA Craft Supershow.

It was good. I had a BLAST.

BUT it really wasn't much bigger than other stamping shows I've been to. I think a lot of the vendors that could not sell just didn't stay for the open to the public part.

But it was fun. And there were some cool booths.

The Papertrey booth had a line just to LOOK at the stuff. Then you had to go through and grab what you wanted to buy and wait in line to buy it. I DID buy enough to get the special free set that was a CHA exclusive. :)It's a really nice set.
I got:
Star Prints
Grid Lines 1
Grid Lines 2
Damask set
and the free set
and some dot pattern paper.

Ronnie got some pink print paper pack.

The splitcoast stampers booth had cupcakes in the morning. I ate one and it was really quite good. Then later you could get a free stamp that said, "I *heart* splitcoast" and also make a little pin. There were make and takes almost everywhere but I don't like waiting around so I didn't do them.

There was some new kind of die cutting machine. Not by Provocraft. It looked really cool. No mats necessary, you can cut on any type of paper and other stuff that the cricuit can cut on. You can hook it up to your computer to cut what you design yourself and the extra card things for it that hold more images and stuff are only $29.99 AND hold "much more" than cricuit cartridges. And it cuts sheets that are 12 inches wide and endlessly long, they had it hooked up to a huge HUGE roll of paper and just cut and cut and cut and cut. So that might be cool for people Oh the whole thing was $199.99. I'm nto into diecut machines but if you are there you go.

Hmmm, what else.

I got some octopus/fish stamps at a Japanese booth. I've never heard of the company. I'll post pics and stuff later. They had lovely silk ribbons that were way expensive but so nice. I didn't get them.

Provocraft had thier new gypsy, whatever that is. There was a mascot of the cricuit bug there. He was wicked cute. Ronnie didn't want to take photos with him though.

We didn't stay all day. It was cool, both Roniece and I were the same type of show girls, we just skipped whole booths we didn't think we needed, did lots of glancing, generally did the whole thing quickly. I'm sure it would have annoyed lots of other girls, but for us both it was great.

The make and take lines were long, but you could make AWESOME stuff if you waited, jewerly, tons of cards, other cool things like a little "smores kit", some home dec stuff, even diorama stuff you could make.

It was a total blast.

ctinyjoy
08-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Erin...Had you bought your ticket online in advance? How long was the line on Saturday? Friday was horrible, then we had to wait in line to get into the one door they opened. Everyone was complaining. I saw everything I wanted in just about one hour. With you into quilts and sewing now, I know there were at least a few more booths for you to look at.

I was very disappointed in the supershow. The SCS booth was totally awesome and I met a bunch of the girls and Davin.

Erin K
08-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Cheri, I had bought my ticket we got there at 9:00 on the dot and were in side by 9:10. There was a line but it was super quick.

I heard though, that Friday was WAY more crowded. So I'm glad I was there Saturday.

cindi
08-02-2009, 07:42 PM
so glad you had fun! Thanks for the recap, it all sounds fab
:)

Erin K
08-03-2009, 11:04 AM
here is the stuff I got. the little clear sets are the Kodomo Japanese sets I told you about.

I also got an Ott light.

the one stamp set on it's own pic is the free set you could get from Papertrey if you spent $100, which you know I did. ;)

tesschap
08-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Lots of great new toys there Erin :) I can't wait to see what you create with them.

iloveflipflops
08-03-2009, 02:11 PM
How do you like your OTT light? Can you tell a difference? I think I want one.

Erin K
08-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Sherri I do like it a lot. I was so unsure if I wanted it. but it really is a nice lamp.

Teresa, I already posted a ton of stuff I made in the gallery, I think I used every stamp set already!