PDA

View Full Version : Emily has decided to quit cheerleading ...

iloveflipflops
08-09-2009, 09:03 PM
She asked me for my advice and I told her she had to decide so after many days of agonizing over it, she has decided to quit cheerleading. She has called her coach but her coach has not returned her call so I told her email her too so she is waiting to hear back. She is going to schedule a meeting with her. She just does not like it, can't seem to get the cheers down. She went to cheer camp and they did the same cheers over and over and over and it just did not help. Her first home game is in 2 weeks so I think she is making the right decision to quit.

She has her senior project she needs to start working on (it did not get voted against so she is still having to do that the first quarter) so that is top priority.

I want her senior year to be fun, not too stressful and I think cheerleading was getting that way.

Wish "her" luck please :).

tojoco
08-09-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm so glad she decided for herself that she didn't care for cheerleading this early. It sounds like that senior project is going to be a major endeavor. Good luck Emily.

HeatherJ
08-09-2009, 09:34 PM
A tough decision for her to have made, I bet. Sounds like she will be busy enough this year without the added pressure! Sending good vibes.

cindi
08-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Emily has such a good head on her shoulders! you have raised a smart young lady Sherri. I hope her senior year is fun and she enjoys it to the fullest.
:)

kimmyqtgirl
08-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Wow what a big decision for her to make. I wish her all the best.

Paula Carden
08-09-2009, 09:44 PM
She is so very mature! She does need to enjoy this year and not be so worried about everything! I do wish her luck and you too-sounds as if she is wise beyond her years!
Best Wishes Emily for a terrific senior year.

logcabincreations
08-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Good luck Emily - there are lots of other great things to do your senior year.

inkinupstamps
08-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Good parenting, Sherri. It should be her decision and I think her decision is well thought. She sounds like she's really maturing. Good job to you and to her. Senior year is hard but it should be fun too. I wish her all the best. You all are working together very well.

jazzypurple853
08-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Best wishes for emily's senior year.

scraphappy908
08-10-2009, 10:07 AM
I think you were wise to let her make her own decision on this. She will find that there are some things that she is extremely good at and other things that, no matter how hard she tries, she won't be good at. And she shouldn't feel badly about that. Chalk it up to experience; at least she tried. Just keep doing what she knows she feels most comfortatble and can do best!
I agree that she needs to make the most of her senior year. She will have many fond memories to look back on when she gets older. Kudos to Emily for trying something new and having the maturity to realize it's just not for her.

iloveflipflops
08-10-2009, 10:24 AM
So far they have just been texting back and forth. I really did not want her to text her but the coach told her to text her what she wanted to tell her so she did. I guess this is the new way of doing things and I really don't like it. What happened to face to face?? Anyway, the coach said she was proud of Emily for being so mature for coming to this decision on her own and that she does need to think about school first. She does want to meet with her in person so they hope to do that sometime today or tomorrow. Will keep you posted. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off "my" shoulders. Ha

Christie
08-12-2009, 10:49 AM
So far they have just been texting back and forth. I really did not want her to text her but the coach told her to text her what she wanted to tell her so she did. I guess this is the new way of doing things and I really don't like it. What happened to face to face?? Anyway, the coach said she was proud of Emily for being so mature for coming to this decision on her own and that she does need to think about school first. She does want to meet with her in person so they hope to do that sometime today or tomorrow. Will keep you posted. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off "my" shoulders. Ha

Sounds like she made a good choice. I'm sure she feels much better now not having to worry about it!