PDA

View Full Version : East Coast get together???

kerry
08-14-2009, 06:48 PM
I would love to get together next summer (July 30-Aug. 1, 2010) with fellow stampers and was thinking about checking into some local hotels for some rates for the weekend. This would be open to any stamper that wants to attend, not just those who are on the east coast. It's over the summer too when I'm not teaching. Bring your family if you want to visit our Nation's Capital. The metro to DC is about 20 minutes away. I think I could advertise it at several scrapbook stores, my lss and online.

I'm thinking of check in on the Friday afternoon, Get together Friday evening for a Stamper's CROP TILL YOU DROP then have some shoebox classes and some Learn at Lunch projects. I've got some other ideas like some kit classes too (with a schedule).

It would be in Woodbridge, VA close to Potomac Mills Mall, Michael's and Ikea, about 30 minutes from the airport and DC and my local LSS and in the other direction about 30 miles from two scrapbook stores and AC Moore.

Would anyone be interested?

Kerry

tojoco
08-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Heck yeah!

Paula Carden
08-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Yes, the timing would be so good for me.
What kind of stores are in DC?

ctinyjoy
08-14-2009, 08:00 PM
this sounds interesting. I have only driven past DC on our way to Cape Cod. The dates should be ok work wise too. Are you able to check on some hotels for us out-of-towners? Something middle of the road...

logcabincreations
08-14-2009, 08:30 PM
maybe...but not sure yet. That is the week we may have to take our vacation next year. Depends on when my hubby's boss decides which week in July to close the sawmill.

morgainegeiser
08-14-2009, 10:28 PM
It sounds like fun, but that typically is the weekend of the CHA conference and depending on where they have it next year, I might go or not - up in the air???

tesschap
08-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Oh darn. I think my son's wedding will be August 7th so I won't be able to attend. Sounds like a ton of fun though.

kerry
08-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Would the beginning of August work better for most? I have put some inquiry in at some hotels in the area with shuttle to either airport (DC- DCA or Dulles - IAD). Since it's near my home, I can arrange a time throughout 2010 to fit best for everyone.

As for stores in the area, what are you interested in? There are two outlet malls in the area as well as a "ritzy" mall in Tysons Corner. There are lots of restaurants and Michael's and AC Moore are nearby. There are two scrapbook stores with tons of new papers and embellishments in Fredricksburg too. My LSS (Angela's Happy Stamper) is also about 40 minutes from here depending on traffic. That's about 20 minutes from where the hotels are.

stampinmom3
08-14-2009, 11:35 PM
I live in south central PA, right by the MD border, I'm interested, possibly depending on the date. CTMH convention is in DC in July though..that may take all my money.

Paula Carden
08-15-2009, 08:40 AM
August is fine too- I just can't usually do spring- March, April, May.

dancing queen
08-15-2009, 09:30 AM
I'm certainly interested, but wouldn't be able to commit to any dates this far out. I have dear cousins who visit from Iowa every year and it's always around that time. But I'd love to join if there's no conflict of dates.

iloveflipflops
08-15-2009, 10:04 AM
My MIL always come end of July early August so these dates are not good for me.

Mrs. Fence
08-15-2009, 03:15 PM
I'm interested, but like Betty, it's hard for me to make a committment that far in advance. I'll keep it in mind, though. August is usually a good time for me, since most of my obligations fall in the early summer months.

Darleneh710
08-15-2009, 03:37 PM
I am interested, but not sure about dates right now...

HeatherJ
08-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Are there any Nascar races in the general area at that time? That would be one way to get hubby to take me. :)

GotCats?
08-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Hmmmm, sounds interesting. I'll have to watch for your plans. Like some of the others I likely won't know until we're into the spring of next year. THANKS for projecting it so far in advance, though so we can all plan!! I'll be watching for info!

cindi
08-15-2009, 08:22 PM
well..you know if Tracey is going..I'm going! lol
:jiggy:

Mrs. Fence
08-15-2009, 09:47 PM
well..you know if Tracey is going..I'm going! lol
:jiggy:

Road Trip!!!!!!!:radar:

cindi
08-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Road Trip!!!!!!!:radar:
oh ya!!! break out those AAA directions..lol
:)

kerry
08-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Yes, as a matter of fact, there is a short track in Manassas called Old Dominion Speedway. I used to work with the daughter of the owners a while back. It does SBRA dragster races on Friday nights and Nascar races on Saturday night. Here is a link to the track:

Old Dominion Speedway (http://www.olddominionspeedway.com/)

Richmond International Raceway is also only an hour and a half south.

Kerry

HeatherJ
08-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the link, Kerry - I 'll check it out! :)

Patty
08-16-2009, 08:45 PM
I have been wishing someone would plan one in the East. Both Ellie and I are both interested, BIG TIME.

midnitecreations
08-17-2009, 01:17 PM
If anytime during the summer, I should be able to make it Kerry.

iupindiana
08-17-2009, 09:49 PM
Sounds like a great plan. I will pencil it in my calendar. Also have a friend that would definitely be interested. I used to live in McLean and Falls Church and always like to visit my old stomping ground.