PDA

View Full Version : What a bunch of junk!

Erin K
01-04-2007, 01:04 AM
I should not have signed up for the Alcohol ink swap. I just spend over an hour in my craft room and didn't come up with anything. I"m totally mad now too. :wacko: I decided I hate alcohol inks. After I come up with something for this swap I think I'm gonna throw them all out. Stupid dumb inks, ugly colors. I hate them. :mad:

Deborah
01-04-2007, 01:14 AM
NO NO NO! Don't throw them out! Just step AWAY from the inks...take a break...go back to them later! I just KNOW you'll come up with something GRAND Erin, keep the faith...

Far North
01-04-2007, 01:50 AM
Erin-I agree with Deborah, now is not the time you to work on this project. Besides lady, what in the heckes are you still doing awake???

However I do remember a beautiful acetate/alcohol card that you made in a class and posted on 2 peas (for Ethel). I don't put many cards in my favs but that is one because it was simply smashing, my friend! Go look at it again and remind yourself you can do great stuff with AI!
Hugs and goodnight! ...Jan
http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=875298

iloveflipflops
01-04-2007, 06:01 AM
i hate to say it but I was thinking the same thing yesterday when I was cleaning out my drawers. I thought I really don't like these alcohol inks. Maybe I should sell these too.... good luck. Maybe you will have better luck again today. Try again.

Deborah
01-04-2007, 06:32 AM
OOOOOHHHH NOOO! :confused: I LOVE my alcohol inks, especially for funky backgrounds on glossy cardstock, mixed with Krylon metallic ink! Hope today's efforts are better for you. :huh:

emmcee
01-04-2007, 08:09 AM
NO NO NO! Don't throw them out! Just step AWAY from the inks...take a break...go back to them later! I just KNOW you'll come up with something GRAND Erin, keep the faith...

I love your signature :biglaugh:

Erin K
01-04-2007, 09:21 AM
Nothing came to me in my sleep last night... I'll work on it more tonight or at nap time. I'll keep you posted. You woundn't believe how many half done cards I threw away last night! I have these cute elephants all cut out and can't decide what to do with them. I even tried to use purple paper! And you know I hate purple! Anyhow I'll work on it again and let you know. :(

ctmhgirl
01-04-2007, 09:23 AM
I have never tried them so I really can't help.

Nancy
01-04-2007, 10:18 AM
you know full moon and so forth. I tried to do a swap and put out stamps and couldn't think of a thing or how to put them together. Give it another day. Your really good and make very nice cards. - Nancy A

tattoolesa
01-04-2007, 10:30 AM
Erin & Sherri,

You are so talented and frustration comes with it! Step away- try again later- and Voila! You will create masterpeices! I Promise. :)

I challenge you to experiment with your alcohol inks. Try them on glossy CS, tin foil, metal objects, copper, plastic, CDs, etc. Just "play" and see what you come up with. Go forth and create my friends!
Hugs

Lesa

teabear
01-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Hey Erin, I totally understand your frustration. If you get the wrong mix of colors they can look muddy. Try put together colors that go together and blend well...like red & purple or blue and red or green and yellow, etc. I never use more than 3 colors either. I hope that helps.

mydogstinks2
01-04-2007, 12:40 PM
The last time I tried to use mine was on those ornamets that everyone was making. I only came up with a huge icky glass ball mess!! I still like to make the pretty paper with them but that is about all I can do!