PDA

View Full Version : Kids are both off to school on their first day back

iloveflipflops
08-25-2009, 09:11 AM
I would LOVE to go back to bed but we gotta take the van to see about getting an estimate to get it fixed. So we do that at 10:30. I want to get it fixed.

Not sure what else I will do.

We usually always go to Sonny's Barbeque for lunch on the first day back. Kind of like tradition:).

Spartymom
08-25-2009, 09:12 AM
Have a great first day! i'll be all crazy when my girls go back to school> I'm going to work out and probably pace the first day. tee heee.

Christie
08-25-2009, 09:32 AM
I hope they have a good first day. I always hated the first day of school...well actually, I hate the first day of anything new!

iloveflipflops
08-25-2009, 09:32 AM
When do yours go back Kim?

jazzypurple853
08-25-2009, 09:41 AM
I can't believe that your kids are already back to school. We don't start around here until Sept 1rst, but it's a half a day on the first day then full days on Wed and Thurs. and no school on friday.

My3Ds
08-25-2009, 09:58 AM
I still have a few more days. I'm not going down without a fight. Sherri - I'm still hoping for another month. ha

teabear
08-25-2009, 10:12 AM
My kiddo started high school today. He just left with a warm banana nut muffin in his hand that I made, irritated with me because he couldn't find the map of the school that he had last. I think he did that just so I wouldn't cry when he left. He's walking this year, which is really weird. I've driven that kid every single day to school until now.

I'm going to mom's to make salsa today. Should keep me busy until he gets home :)

suzi_f
08-25-2009, 10:30 AM
We've been in school for a week & 2 days now. First Home VB game today. I miss my kids but it sure is quite here. Looking forward to NEXT week when they'll be in school all week & DH will be out of town. I'll be home ALONE!!!! Unless I find a job. <sigh>

ctinyjoy
08-25-2009, 10:34 AM
My youngest went back to school yesterday. He is a Junior and is driving himself this year. He has a Jeep Grand Cherokee so enough metal is around him:) His review of the first day was ok. He doesn't care for his English teacher but that is by far his favorite subject. He has English, Reading, Marine Biology, Psychology, Creative Photography, TV production and Geometry Honors. Should be an interesting year.

oh yeah, the girl-friend is in Marine Biology and has the locker next to his. My sister's comment to this was "What happens if you break up with her?" His response was "We aren't breaking up!!" Ah to be 16 again...

CharityHand
08-25-2009, 11:53 AM
mmmm.... Sonny's. My favorite. We used to eat there just about every Sunday after church growing up, but we don't have one nearby. We do visit Sonny's whenever we get out to your neck of the woods.

I'm assuming you'll be going today? Enjoy!

cindi
08-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Hey, Sherri..isn't thsi the most wonderful day of the year??
That Staples commercial cracks me up
:)