PDA

View Full Version : IPod Questions

ccstampin12
08-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Hey,
I'm sure you all are much better at this stuff than I am.
I had a great computer guy fixing my computer and while he was reinstalling my ITunes program, he added a boatload of Allison Krauss tunes along with a few others. We had once discussed Allison's music, so he thought I'd love to fill my IPod with her.
Now...nothing against Allison, but she isn't exactly the sound I need for walking briskly around the neighborhood!
I cannot figure out how to get those songs OUT of my IPod.
Can anyone help?
I doubt you need to know which one I have, but it's the newest one because my other one wouldn't work anymore!
Thanks
Joanie:wubclub:

Christie
08-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Plug your IPod into your computer and open ITunes. When it opens and shows your Ipod is connected click the button that shows everything on it. Then scroll down to Allison and highlight and hit delete. When you eject your Ipod it will remove the songs. Sorry I can't tell you the button exactly but I'm at work and don't have Itunes here to look it up.

ccstampin12
08-27-2009, 12:48 PM
I'll try it..but I couldn't find anything that said delete!
Thanks!
Joanie

Christie
08-27-2009, 12:52 PM
I'll try it..but I couldn't find anything that said delete!
Thanks!
Joanie

You just hit your delete key on the keyboard of the computer. Highlight the song then hit delete key.

ccstampin12
08-27-2009, 02:05 PM
You just hit your delete key on the keyboard of the computer. Highlight the song then hit delete key.

Well, DUH!!!
Who would have thought of that?
Obviously, not me!
LOL
Joanie:nah:

shadoob
08-27-2009, 02:32 PM
You can also just change the way your i pod syncs with your computer. You can tell it to sync ONLY the songs you have marked/checked. THat way it stays on your computer but not your ipod. call me if you have a ? on how to do it. My # is in my profile.

Christie
08-27-2009, 03:47 PM
They will stay on the computer as long as she doesn't delete them from the library. Then later if she wants she can go back and put them back on the Ipod.

ccstampin12
08-27-2009, 04:20 PM
It looks like the ones I deleted are gone! I don't feel bad, but I know with my old IPod, I deleted one from the IPod, but it stayed in the computer. I only did a few to see what happened.
I don't see how to sync anything with this one. Maybe DD set this one up differently....too bad she's at work!
Joanie