PDA

View Full Version : Is it Snowing at your House?

stampcrazyjulie
01-04-2007, 02:37 PM
It has been snowing here in Salt Lake since 8:30 this morning. It is so pretty when I look out my window, but I know it is going to be a bugger to drive in before the day is over.

It is days like this when I wish I had a Winter Cabin up in the Mountains with a huge window to watch the snow fall outside.... & of course a nice warm Fire with a hot chocolate!

I do have a huge Living Room Window, but the only view I have is of the main street out in front of my House so I can sit & watch traffic all day! :(

lisaguyon
01-04-2007, 02:43 PM
I WISH we would get some snow here in Alabama...If we see a FEW flurries we are excited. Lisa

Spartymom
01-04-2007, 02:45 PM
It has'nt snowed in MI since Dec. 4. The snow is gone and it's been in the 40's since. That's very rare for this time of year. I am able to go outside with no jacket. That's been nice, but I enjoy the winter weather for skiing. They say next week it should snow, just in time for the kids to go back to school. Bummer. Kim

tojoco
01-04-2007, 02:45 PM
No snow here in Memphis but it is raining. The temps are nearing 70 degrees.

iloveflipflops
01-04-2007, 03:05 PM
No snow here. I have my flip flops on :)

teabear
01-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Warm & sunny today, but that's supposed to change tomorrow. I think it's just rain coming though. I wish you were here to drink hot chocolate by the fire in the snow...It is really pretty :)

jdpisces
01-04-2007, 03:30 PM
No snow in Chicago...just some rain and it's in the high 40's. I'll hold off on the snow as long as I can!

Jenn D
01-04-2007, 04:05 PM
It is raining here today and it is around 50 degrees. Here is the odd thing. Almost all of the snow that has fallen in IL has missed us. We got 1/2 an inch at the beginning of December. North of us they got 6 inches and south of us about 10. We even had almost 60 degree weather on New Years Eve. I'm dreading it when it does get cold. We haven't even had seasonable weather - just warm. Odd!

Swanie78
01-04-2007, 04:13 PM
It did for a little bit this morning. I went to get my mail (2 weeks worth!) and it started to rain, then turned to little snowballs. It melted as it hit the ground though, no biggie.
Enjoy your snow though! We had a huge storm (for this area) Thanksgiving weekend and I LOVED it!

ctmhgirl
01-04-2007, 04:35 PM
No snow here in central IL, but we are getting a lot of rain today. Yesterday was sunny and nice out, but today is yucky.

Erin K
01-04-2007, 05:06 PM
No snow in FL either, it's warm. It's nice out.

I imagined everyone in Utah lived in a cabin in the mountains... You just live in a normal neighborhood? I think I imagine everyone lives in the coolest stereotype of their area. :)

laos348
01-04-2007, 05:08 PM
We haven't had any snow here yet in CT - today its supposed to be high 50's - totally unheard of for this time of year. The kids are devastated - they've been waiting for snow now since November hit!!

Laura

stampcrazyjulie
01-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Here are a few pics I took earlier this morning of it snowing & of me out being crazy standing in it.

I live really close to a main road. One of the pics is looking directly across the street from my House.

http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?gallery=1&cmd=display&layout_id=1053259&show=2

logcabincreations
01-04-2007, 07:04 PM
I think this has a lot to do with all of the weird weather. Normally here in Virginia in January, the temps are @ 30 degrees. We had near 70 today. I really don't like it, although I have been able to get out an walk twice this week. There has been so many viruses & flu going around, but thankfully my family has missed it except two of my sons have colds. I really like my season changes, and wish it was 20 degrees, snowing, and a fire in our two stoves.

Jan

dreis1
01-04-2007, 07:09 PM
No snow here in Indy, just rain. Its in the 40's here. I dread the snow, because I can't get out when it is snow and ice. I am disabled and my walking is impaired, so when I see white, I stay inside. I love seeing the snow, it sure is pretty, but bad on the getting around in it. Glinda

shuggy
01-04-2007, 07:44 PM
snowing?? it just took me an hour and half to get home from work!!! i had to park on the top row of the parking terrace and i don't have a snow scraper!! i had to use my arms!! it snowed like 6 inches while i was at work.

go take some pictures now. it's very pretty!!

iloveflipflops
01-04-2007, 08:14 PM
What I want to know Julie is WHERE IS YOUR COAT????

Firecracker
01-04-2007, 10:50 PM
I had been out taking pictures. We have 10 inches at the last measure. We are getting the lake effect. I just love that. (Not really.) Glad to be indoors today with the heat on. Keep warm Utah girls. Hugs, Heather

shuggy
01-04-2007, 10:52 PM
I had been out taking pictures. We have 10 inches at the last measure. We are getting the lake effect. I just love that. (Not really.) Glad to be indoors today with the heat on. Keep warm Utah girls. Hugs, Heather

and drive carefully!! now that all the clouds have moved out, it's freezing! literally!! i just had to go get a new ink cartridge and the roads are frozen solid. scary!!!

Firecracker
01-04-2007, 11:02 PM
You need to be careful on the roads too. There was over 100+ accidents in Salt Lake county alone. Yikes! Hugs, Heather

sonyad
01-05-2007, 12:34 AM
Wish it was snowing here....this winter weather makes me nuts. I look forward to snow...but today here in northern Illinois, it was 50 degrees....this is nuts.