PDA

View Full Version : I am bored out of my mind today............

Christie
09-10-2009, 10:49 AM
It's only 9.50 am and I feel like I've been here for hours and hours. I'm so bored and the day is going by so slowly. Doesn't help that it's cloudy out.

shuggy
09-10-2009, 12:17 PM
oh no!! i hope the rest of the day goes by quicker!

Nancy
09-10-2009, 01:51 PM
What kind of job is this???? - Nancy

cindi
09-10-2009, 02:19 PM
is anyone there that can see how bored you arE? if so, ask that person about bringing in some cardmaking kits to fill your time. I know you are worried to just ask, but if some one can see how bored you are maybe that would help. I hope the day gets better for you

Christie
09-10-2009, 02:25 PM
What kind of job is this???? - Nancy
I'm a receptionist and the phone only rings about twice an hour. Other then that I sit here and do nothing most of the time. Sometimes filing and making copies.

is anyone there that can see how bored you arE? if so, ask that person about bringing in some cardmaking kits to fill your time. I know you are worried to just ask, but if some one can see how bored you are maybe that would help. I hope the day gets better for you

Everyone knows how bored I am.

cindi
09-10-2009, 02:26 PM
I'm a receptionist and the phone only rings about twice an hour. Other then that I sit here and do nothing most of the time. Sometimes filing and making copies.

Everyone knows how bored I am.

well then just ask, politley and if they say no then that's that. or maybe they will say yes and your boredom will be gone. good luck
:)

Mrs. Fence
09-10-2009, 03:21 PM
I agree with Cindi. Don't make yourself suffer like that for nothing. The worst thing that can happen is they say no.

Far North
09-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Another thought is to look into taking a college class online. Is there something you could learn that would make you a more valuable employee and a $$ pay increase???

cindi
09-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Another thought is to look into taking a college class online. Is there something you could learn that would make you a more valuable employee and a $$ pay increase???

Great idea Jan!!! maybe if it tied into her job they may even pay for it, or some of it

Tantalize
09-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Just thought I would say HI CHRISTIE ! <3

suzi_f
09-10-2009, 10:32 PM
What's the worst thing they could do if you asked?? If they fire you, it doesn't sound like you'd miss the job too much. I'd definately ask. If they don't care if you do cross words & such, why would they care if you colored images. I wouldn't drag stuff all over your desk (do you ever get visitors???) but I can't imagine that coloring would be any worse than reading a book.

cindi
09-10-2009, 10:38 PM
What's the worst thing they could do if you asked?? If they fire you, it doesn't sound like you'd miss the job too much. I'd definately ask. If they don't care if you do cross words & such, why would they care if you colored images. I wouldn't drag stuff all over your desk (do you ever get visitors???) but I can't imagine that coloring would be any worse than reading a book.

that's what i do at work in my down time, I stand at the front desk and color images, I answer the phone if it rings, put the tanners in the tanning bed, and help anyone that walks in. the girls can always tell if I've been coloring images, cuase I test my colors on the side of the date book, lol