PDA

View Full Version : Week 17--Something Old Challenge

teabear
09-12-2009, 10:11 AM
The challenge this week is to use a vintage item in your creation. The definition of vintage is something over 20 years old. A thrift shop is my favorite place to find such things, but you may have something in your stash that qualifies. Remember 1989 was 20 years ago, so it's not that old. The only limit on what you can use is that it can't be a traditional paper craft item, it has to be something old that your repurposed. Please tell us what you used in the description with your post. We don't need to buy fancy new papers and embellishments; we can re-use beautifully aged items to make our own unique supplies. In my sample (http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=23652)I used a vintage scrabble tile and 1940's math book page.

A few suggestions of vintage items:

vintage text
postcard
postage stamp
sheet music
game piece
playing card
button
poker chip
ribbon or rickrack

I hope you'll find time to play along. One random winner will receive a package of beautiful vintage items from my stash.

Far North
09-12-2009, 10:44 AM
What a great challenge! I was planning on doing some cleaning in my basement this week and some of the boxes of crafty stuff came with me when I moved to Alaska over 20 years ago so I hope to find a few new surprises that I can twist into repurposing for a card. Thanks Tami!

tojoco
09-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Tami, although this is definitely out of my comfort zone, I may give this challenge a try. I love your card.

midnitecreations
09-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Tami, thanks for making me feel vintage!:eek: I should have stuff that's 20 years old in my stash!!:nah: Heck I just celebrated my 22nd year of marriage less than a month ago.

HeatherJ
09-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Wow, I love this..... perhaps being a pack rat will finally come in handy! Let me rummage tonight! I know I have buttons from high school sewing class so that is a lot more than 20 years old!

loobylou
09-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Thanks Tami, This sounds like an awesome challenge. I have an old tattered copy of "little women" that I bought in a garage sale. I think it might be close to 40 years old. I'll make some cards with it. I've really been enjoying making handmade flowers with pages torn from it.

kerry
09-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Hmmmm....I know I have some 20 year old "junk" sitting around. Sometimes I feel like I NEVER throw anythng away. LOL...

Kerry

Artyfarty
09-13-2009, 02:58 PM
http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=23664&limit=recent
hope it does not have to be a card lol cos mines a bookmark using neighbours old knicker lace hee hee (joking) apparantly it is a old piece she kept in her sewing box and she is 82 so def old n sure smells musky too .

Far North
09-15-2009, 02:19 AM
When Tami asked that for this challenge we use something that is not a traditional paper craft item, it has to be something old that your repurposed...it brought to mind that I had some trees cut this summer I counted the rings on one tree and stopped at 58-with a few additional rings that I didn't count once I knew it was older than I will soon be. How sad to have to cut it now!

Anyways for this challenge I re-purposed a piece of that birch bark to stamp my sentiment on. I know at one time bark was used for writing paper but I think it is long enough now that no one would consider it common for stamping. Here is my card (http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=23680&nocache=1). Thanks Tami for the mental challenge of making me think what I could use!

Far North
09-17-2009, 04:45 AM
Last day for this challenge! Give it a try--"something old" is easier than you think!