PDA

View Full Version : Another Question - Perfect Pearls

dgbearsmom
01-04-2007, 08:33 PM
I bought some of this with one of those coupons somewhere. I have used it once just doing some random highlights on a project. It looks really pretty. Question is do you have to use that Perfect Medium stuff or can you use something like VersaMark? Or can you suggest some other ways I can use it? I really like it, but not sure what all I can do.

Another ? - are Perfect Pearls and Pearl EX kind of the same just different brands? Or is Pearl EX something completely different?

Thanks - again!

Judy

Erin K
01-04-2007, 08:36 PM
I know this one too! You CAN use versamark. You can mix a little with water and use it as paint too, and you can mix some with your embossing powder.

Perfect Pearls has binder in it, so you can do all those things I just said without it needing a sealer over top. Pearl Ex does not have a binder, it's just pigment so you can do the mixing with embossing powder or mix it with other paints but if you wanted to put it on versamark or something you'd need to spray it with a fixative after. Because of this I got rid of all my Pearl Ex and got Perfect Pearls instead. It's pretty isn't it?

teabear
01-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Judy, try stamping an image with the medium or versamark on dark CS, then brush the pearls over it. It is really pretty that way. Plus all the great ideas Erin said, too!