PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Challenged?

kerry
09-29-2009, 08:37 PM
How do you think the challenges are going? I notice a lot less particpation (including myself) and wonder if there is a way to make it better. I'm finding it difficult to get to the challenge within a week and find as soon as I plan on doing one, another one pops up! I just can't catch up.

I was chatting with a few here and decided to post some questions to help figure out a way to accomplish more.

Mrs. Fence
09-29-2009, 08:43 PM
I've been behind on everything, not just the challenges. I did actually make a card for this week, I just haven't posted it yet. I am going to make more of an effort to get to them. Maybe we could post all 4 challenges for the month at once, that way if we had a whole free day maybe we could do all of them? Not sure if this would work on your end, but it might work for the participants. Just a thought...

kerry
09-29-2009, 08:48 PM
That's what I was thinking. Have them all up at the beginning of the month (option one).

cindi
09-29-2009, 08:48 PM
boy..I'm not sure. I like it the way it is now, and have only missed one so far. I like the idea of monthly, but it's so easy to forget about them as the month wears on. maybe monthly with weekly reminders? I don't know, but I love that we are having challenges now
:)

Mrs. Fence
09-29-2009, 08:51 PM
boy..I'm not sure. I like it the way it is now, and have only missed one so far. I like the idea of monthly, but it's so easy to forget about them as the month wears on. maybe monthly with weekly reminders? I don't know, but I love that we are having challenges now

I think that's a good idea, Cindi!:nod:

kerry
09-29-2009, 08:51 PM
I know what you mean Cindi. Maybe we all could chip in with the weekly reminders. I've been busy at school and am now BLOCKED at school again so I have been limited with getting online. Most of the time I get online (here) on the weekend or just get on to check things out in the evening. I haven't been able to stamp in a couple of weeks.

Kerry

Mrs. Fence
09-29-2009, 08:54 PM
Maybe the hostess of the challenge could be responsible for the weekly reminder.

:idea:

cindi
09-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Maybe the hostess of the challenge could be responsible for the weekly reminder.

that's a good idea

kerry
09-29-2009, 08:57 PM
That might work...that is if the hostess remembers her week...LOL...

Kerry

Mrs. Fence
09-29-2009, 09:00 PM
I bet they would. They do it now...

loobylou
09-29-2009, 09:45 PM
It seems I just get around to doing the challenge and the week is already over. I like the idea of "the challenges for this month are>>>>>>>>"

morgainegeiser
09-29-2009, 09:55 PM
I like the idea of the monthly challenge, as twice I made cards and then didn't get them posted in time. Also, I seem to keep losing the main Challenge thread that states who has which week. Not sure there is any way to keep track of that.

cindi
09-29-2009, 09:59 PM
I like the idea of the monthly challenge, as twice I made cards and then didn't get them posted in time. Also, I seem to keep losing the main Challenge thread that states who has which week. Not sure there is any way to keep track of that.

to keep track of that this is what I do.
I go to member list and click on Kerry(she started the thread) then I clkick ob Kerry's statistics, the click threads started by Kerry, and boom there it will be, maybe not the first one but it's right there.
HTH

midnitecreations
09-29-2009, 10:03 PM
I usually subscribe to the thread I want to keep track of. I like the monthly idea too. I planned on making a couple of challenges, but missed the window.

Mrs. Fence
09-29-2009, 10:13 PM
I just posted mine for this week in the gallery! I had fun with this one!

inkinupstamps
09-29-2009, 10:14 PM
I just love the way it is, however..............I am guilty that i have not been participating like I WANT to. I voted to keep it as it is. Two reasons for that:
1.) The schedule filled up great with enthusiasm from creative ladies to post challenges and it is all set.
2.) There wasn't an option to say perhaps the challenges could run for two weeks rather than one.

For myself, I'm completely over committed. In fact I've been talking to Tricia (GotCats) about my commitment problems. What I want to do and what I am committed to do is interfering with all of the things that I should be doing.

I know...that is a personal problem and not y'alls. But I think that there really is a great deal of enthusiasm about the challenges. It is a matter of getting the scheduling figured out. Now we are coming upon the Christmas and holiday season and we all will become even more busy.

I would hate to see the challenges dissolve. They are wonderful. And personally I'm not keen on posting all of them at the beginning of the month. No real specific reason...it is just one of my opinionated/gut feelings so feel free to take it with a grain of salt.

dancing queen
09-29-2009, 11:07 PM
I've been wanting to participate in a challenge, but haven't yet... seems like it happens really fast. Not sure, but has anyone suggested a challenge for every 2 weeks? Maybe that would take some of the pressure off? just a thought.

MidwestStamper
09-30-2009, 12:10 AM
Not sure what the answer is and how to REMEMBER to do the Challenges! The big thing for me personally right now is that I have been doing very little stamping in general! I just have been doing other projects right now.

Far North
09-30-2009, 01:09 AM
Speaking of other projects...I am working hard to finish my swaps so I can totally focus on the holidays. I generally don't play challenges in Nov-Dec unless they totally fit into what I am already doing.

I like Betty's recommendation of every 2 weeks but I don't know how a new schedule would work.

Kerry-You could ask if the schedule could be clipped to the top of the challenge forum.

teabear
09-30-2009, 01:38 AM
I really like the monthly challenge idea. I have so many other commitments with my stamping time, and feel overwhelmed by a weekly challenge. The only challenge I did was my own.

Paula Carden
09-30-2009, 07:04 AM
I have had such a busy couple of months I haven't had time to do challenges but I love seeing them and thinking about them. Everyone is doing a great job!

Christie
09-30-2009, 10:18 AM
I like the idea of posting them at the first of the month then have them go all month long. I always forget about the weekly ones.

kimmyqtgirl
09-30-2009, 12:03 PM
I like the monthly idea too... Now would the hostesses with giveaways each pick one at the end of the month? Just curious how that would work since I'm hostessing in Nov. I have wanted to play along in alot of the challenges too and can't seem to get something finished and posted in the week timeframe. The hostesses reminding everyone during their week is a great idea.

Darleneh710
09-30-2009, 12:08 PM
I thought I would add my two cents...I don't have time for challenges even though I would like to participate...I think reminders would be great!

jazzypurple853
09-30-2009, 12:33 PM
I too like the idea of posting them monthly. It give you more of chance to finish something. I wonder if a special banner could be posted on the board, telling you what the challenge is and who is hosting it. It would show all month long, that way, anyone hosting a challenge for that month, won't have to reminding everyone. It would right in front of your eyes.

Cinnistew
09-30-2009, 05:20 PM
I like the monthly posting. I usually try to plan on doing one but so far is has not worked... I get busy and run out of time and the challenge is over!

kerry
10-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Keep the ideas rolling in...

Looks like most think having all the challenges posted at the beginning of each month would work well.

Perhaps we can start that in NOVEMBER? That would give all the November people some time to gather their ideas and post something.

I'll ask ShackHost if he/she can post the schedule in the top of the challenge forum...Good idea. Actually, I asked him/her to make it a STICKIE in the forum. Can a moderator turn threads into stickies???

Kerry

kerry
10-01-2009, 11:14 PM
OK all...The Schedule is now a STICKIE in the Challenge forum...

Thanks ShackHost!

Kerry

Mrs. Fence
10-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Thanks, Kerry! Hopefully this will help us all to be able to participate more regularly. I really had fun with this week's challenge!