PDA

View Full Version : Wk 20 challenge-Winner-Time for a treat

Far North
10-02-2009, 02:45 AM
Congratulations K! A treat will be soon on it's way to you!!
Thanks for playing!...Jan

Time to start thinking about some of those small special treats we will want to share with others during the next few months. It is not too early to start looking for ideas, trying some mock-up efforts and deciding materials.

So this weeks challenge is to get started on some small gifts, home decorations, etc. This week is all about getting started so if you don't have all the final materials that's okay...post your samples and ask for help if you need some....and you will be entered into the drawing next Friday. Remember to check out the Shack's templates and tutorials for some new ideas.

I created a sample to share with you. I have a nephew in Kindergarten having a birthday in the next few weeks. Since my challenge was scheduled after Heather's I took inspiration from the several banners she has made in the past. I loosely used the directions from the SC resource file (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/pennant_banner/) and enlarged it for 8.5" banner panels. I cut both layers of the pennants the same size. After cutting the scalloped edge and stamping the top layer, I taped the top layer with approximately 1 inch of the top edge folded to the back side. I taped the yarn inside the folded over edge. I used Microsoft's Word Art to enlarge the letters and cut them out of glitter paper that had a self-adhesive back (clearance find that sat in my stash a long time). This was really fun but lots more details could be added and one could pull out some of the embellishments that are being saved for that really special project.

Thanks for playing...and feel free to post here if you have any questions. Also I would love to have you add a link here if you post your work in the gallery.

inkinupstamps
10-02-2009, 06:05 AM
What a fantastic banner! The scallops along the border are so sweet!

OK....putting my thinking cap on. Hmmmm....let me see???? What shall I make this week?

midnitecreations
10-02-2009, 08:01 AM
Jan, that looks fantastic! Love the scallop edges and the glittered letters.

Mrs. Fence
10-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Love your banner, Jan! It's fabulous! Hmmm...I think I have an idea...Oooh,this is an awesome challenge!

teabear
10-02-2009, 10:59 AM
This is such a great challenge, Jan. I love Owen's banner. You did a beautiful job with it. Thanks so much for taking the time to explain the little details like the way you folded over the top layer.

cindi
10-03-2009, 03:55 PM
what a cool challenge..hmm what to make.,..what to make? I love your banner, it's great
:)

hutchink
10-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Jan, your banner is awesome!

Here is what I came up with: http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=23911

Far North
10-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the compliments on my banner!

K-love you treats and pail!

kerry
10-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Here's mine....Better late than never!

Witchy Treats (http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=23936)

Kerry