PDA

View Full Version : Fantastix by Tsukineko - instructions ?

limeyscrapper
10-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Can anyone help. I found some of these in my drawer ( I obviously bought them some time ago and never used them ) but I don't have any packaging or instructions for using/cleaning them. Some of them have a rounded end and some are pointed like a brush.
I picked one up last week and used it to blend some chalk on a card and it did a great job, but now it seems sort of blunted. Am I supposed to wash it - or just keep it for that particular color range in the future.
It seems to have a length of about 4 inches, in a plastic tube. Can you chop off the end, or sharpen it in some way to get a new point ?
You see - without someone to tell me about these things I am totally clueless - but I know that someone on this site will have the info that I need. :wacko:

jazzypurple853
10-02-2009, 06:33 PM
I have never heard of them. But I did find a sites. Here's the links they might be useful.

http://www.jukeboxquilts.com/hints/allPurposeInks.html

http://cqmagonline.com/vol04iss04/articles/496/index.shtml

mahodgman
10-02-2009, 11:08 PM
I've got some of those around here somewhere. I haven't used them for a really long time, but I'm pretty sure I bought them to use with my Twinkling H2Os. I would wet the Fantasix with water and pick up the color with it. I also think I just washed it off when I was finished. I'm sorry I'm sounding vauge, but it really has been ages since I used one. I think I'm going to get them out and play this weekend.

GSMom385
10-03-2009, 01:18 AM
I use them and I have never sharpened them. I simple wash them off with whatever medium I am using with them. I use them with chalk most, but have also used them to blend gamsol, and my water based inks. I simply wash them out with whatever I am blending with and then dab on a rag. I normally keep them with whatever I use them with and don't cross medium. So the chalk ones stay with my chalks and the gamsol one with the gamsol.